"You cannot access our store from your country. We apologize for the inconvenience."

About 2 months ago, we switched from AT&T DSL to U-verse. As a result of that switch, our IP addresses switched from 192.xxx.xxx.xxx to 168.xxx.xxx.xxx. We had to reconfigure our network.

Since then, we have received the above message (country blocked message) when trying to access our website as a customer would (not as an administrator).

Our geolocation settings are set to allow US access, and we have whitelisted the associated IP addresses, and still, no luck.

When trying to access the website via smartphone over wifi, the website loads as it should. The IP address on the smartphone and the computer display as the same.

Does anyone have any other solutions?

Thanks!

it may be that your whitelisted IP address is not what PrestaShop see's. It may be that your 'real' IP address is behind 1) a proxy server or 2) a load balancer. In which case another IP address would be used.

you could try dumping the $_SERVER and as used to build the return from function getRemoteAddr

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']) && $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'] && (!isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) || preg_match('/^127\..*/i', trim($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])) || preg_match('/^172\.16.*/i', trim($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])) || preg_match('/^192\.168\.*/i', trim($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])) || preg_match('/^10\..*/i', trim($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']))))
 {
  if (strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'], ','))
  {
   $ips = explode(',', $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']);
   return $ips[0];
  }
  else
   return $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'];
 }
 return $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

Thanks for the suggestion El Patron!

Could you please direct me to where I can find that code? I'm assuming it's not on the PrestaShop administrator page anywhere.

The closest I could get was finding a reference to the "getRemoteAddr" function on the "FrontController.php" page, which was uploaded on the hosting site.

In the alternative, do you know of a way to find out which IP address PrestaShop sees? Then I could just whitelist those IP addresses, too.

Thanks, again!

Thanks, again, for your help El Patron!

Below is the corresponding code I have currently for that section.

Do I insert the code from your first response after the "$user_Ip" statement, and before the "$ips" statement?

I don't seem to have a "print_r" statement.

protected static function isInWhitelistForGeolocation()

{

$allowed = false;

$userIp = Tools::getRemoteAddr();

$ips = explode(';', Configuration::get('PS_GEOLOCATION_WHITELIST'));

if (is_array($ips) && count($ips))

foreach ($ips as $ip)

if (!empty($ip) && strpos($userIp, $ip) === 0)

$allowed = true;

return $allowed;

}

Thanks for your help and your patience! I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with coding, so please let me know if I did something wrong.

I pasted in the code from above, and added the print_r statement, so now it looks like the next post (I tried including the code in this post, but it wouldn't post for some reason). We are still unable to access our website using our computers, but still able to access from our smartphones.

Thank you!

you would only need to paste in the print_r where I have it located.

you should only have this code active while testing, as it may result in abnormal shopping cart behaviour.

next test, add exit(0); after print_r...note this will halt the shop...so remove code after you have obtained the ip address.

As you can tell, debugging this in the forum is a somewhat slow process.

If the exit(0); was place after the print_r and your site did not 'stop', then it did not execute the whitelist.

My suggestion is to open a problem report on the PS forge. here http://forge.prestas.../Dashboard.jspa

Please post the problem report back here.