Newsletter block, after submission to redirect to a thank you page

Hi

I have the newsletter block installed inside the footer of my site, when someone types in their email address to subscribe i would like them to be redirected to a thank you page, instead of just seeing the success message appear within the newsletter block as this could be over looked by the user, however i'm unsure how to go about setting this up correctly?

I have tried playing with the form action code within the blocknewsletter.tpl file but so far no joy, it does redirect but says 'Page can not be found'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Version 1.5.3.1

Hi Vekia

Thank you for your response, the theme is the original default theme that i have customised to suit my design. The newsletter block is the default one supplied with the original install.

Inside the blocknewsletterblock.tpl file i have been trying to change this part of the form to try to redirect to a thank you page:

<form action="{$link->getPageLink('index')}" method="post">

but so far i can't get it working.

to the form action $link function add additional param: ?back=url_to_the_thank_you_page

then in the php file, where the post form is under the validation process - prepare the redirection with default object Tools, take a look:

Tools::redirect($_POST['back']);