Paypal Error

Serajin

Hey Guys,

I have the Paypal USA, Canada 1.2.1 on the latest prestashop. I entered my API information, but whenever I try to checkout and click the paypal button I get an error page.

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

Your purchase couldn't be completed

There's a problem with the merchant's PayPal account. Please try again later.

This is exactly what the error shows. I've called paypal, and they say the account is fine. I also have this paypal linked to a site on Joomla, and it works fine.

Any idea why this is doing this?

the new version does not have the paypal account email input field...

which is kinda dumb...so what is it using? in other words, typically the api will pass the account email...

check that your shop default email is defined in paypal account...

it's possible that it's not required anymore...but I have not looked at the api requirements for paypal in some time

the new version does not have the paypal account email input field...

which is kinda dumb...so what is it using? in other words, typically the api will pass the account email...

check that your shop default email is defined in paypal account...

it's possible that it's not required anymore...but I have not looked at the api requirements for paypal in some time

Hello,

I changed my shop admin email to my paypal email, just to test your theory. This did not work.

It asks for a Business Name, API Username, API Password, and API Security Key. I have input all those fields, and if they are not correct, it fails a verification step at the config page. However they go through fine.

But I still receive this error when checking out. Is there another paypal module somewhere that's available? This one doesn't appear to be working at all. Could I use an older module?

that is just weird...I would go through my paypal business settings with a fine tooth comb

did you test on the sandbox? this is a good if not somewhat confusing excersice that will allow you to test your api...then you can play with different scenarios to see if you can resolve it...most people skip this but it's a good idea to spend the time playing in the sandbox so your know how paypal interacts with different scenarios.

that is just weird...I would go through my paypal business settings with a fine tooth comb

did you test on the sandbox? this is a good if not somewhat confusing excersice that will allow you to test your api...then you can play with different scenarios to see if you can resolve it...most people skip this but it's a good idea to spend the time playing in the sandbox so your know how paypal interacts with different scenarios.

apparently in order to sandbox, I have to sign up. And when I try to signup on paypals site it says the site isn't available at the moment!

This is so frustrating.

Thank you for all the help so far, it is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Serajin (see edit history)

there are so few posts on the entire www...that this seems to be a bit of a rare issue. See if you can find a earlier version of the module and try that one. Honestly if I could get my hands on a system that is doing this I have a good chance of figuring it out. So I will just hang in there with you until something good happens.

there are so few posts on the entire www...that this seems to be a bit of a rare issue. See if you can find a earlier version of the module and try that one. Honestly if I could get my hands on a system that is doing this I have a good chance of figuring it out. So I will just hang in there with you until something good happens.

Would giving you access to my site help..? I can set you up an FTP, and give you the admin login. It's really not a big deal.

Otherwise, where would I find an older version of the module?

Edited by Serajin (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Under your PayPal API settings, make sure your PayPal Business Account is the confirmed (verified) email address that you have in PayPal. I was passing the verification check within the module, but receiving the same error message, until I changed the business name to match my email address.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I can verify jotuccillo's fix.

I had the same issue. 

Since there was no explanation of what the Paypal Business Account field required, I simply entered the name of my business.

After several checkout failures and then reading this thread, I entered the email address associated with my Paypal account (the same email address I use to login into PayPal with), refreshed my web browser, retested a checkout, and it worked! 

• Like 4

Under your PayPal API settings, make sure your PayPal Business Account is the confirmed (verified) email address that you have in PayPal. I was passing the verification check within the module, but receiving the same error message, until I changed the business name to match my email address.

Thanks for sharing this information and hope it helps others with this problem.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be EXTREMELY helpful if input fields had meaningful descriptions!  A help file or something!  Versus hunting around for hours trying to figure out what is wrong.

The PayPal Business Account input field doesn't sound like an email field at all - which is why I and others are making this mistake. I put in my business acount name too, which of course doesn't work.  Even tried changing store email settings and on and on. Finally gave up and thought to "try another day" when I was ready to rip somebody's throat out.

The lack of useable documentation describing input values, fields and so forth has caused me many weeks of frustration.

EVERY input value in every module should have a help statement, file or assist with clear descriptions of what is required. This is so overdue in Prestashop that it's boggles the mind it's been ignored so long. Probably 50% - 90% of the requests for help on this forum would magically disappear if these modules provided this information. It would do wonders to clear up the angst, negative comments and bad reviews too.

Edited by Aardvark1971 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It works for me too, thanks for share.

I can verify jotuccillo's fix.

I had the same issue. 

Since there was no explanation of what the Paypal Business Account field required, I simply entered the name of my business.

After several checkout failures and then reading this thread, I entered the email address associated with my Paypal account (the same email address I use to login into PayPal with), refreshed my web browser, retested a checkout, and it worked! 

Edited by Ataraxio (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

I can also confirm the fix, and yes this is the same if you are using sandbox as if you are not the PayPal Business Account input is your paypal email address. 

put your real pp email address if not testing

if testing in sandbox put the sandbox business account email address

This needs to be very clear in the docs and setup instructions for prestashop and paypal.   Its my fault i broke my normal habbit and did not check with sandbox before putting the shop online.  But i just sat for 3 weeks with an invalid paypal process as it was not clear to use your paypal email address in that input field.   What we are talking about folks that dont know is on the paypal module setup page there are several text inputs, we are talking about the first text input called PayPal Business Account. 

Edited by durangodave (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

OK the business name under the API module in Prestashop MUST be your email login to PayPal

So PayPal Business Account: should be [email protected] where xxx is PayPal email login

That will do it.

Thank you and had to read this like 50 times to get it - hopefully this will make the next person looking for this a bit easier.

Dave