Job offer: Fix an automatic upgrade that went very wrong

mattm

Hi,

I am looking for offers for helping fix a site that went badly wrong after the auto-upgrade did not work.

The site is reverted back to 1.4 but now things are all over the place. Modules have pretty much stopped working; paypal is dead. Updates to a price can take ages to come through. It is all every strange. I just need someone who can get it all working properly again.

Matt

Absolutely it was backed up. Rolled back to 1.4 from the host's backup the next morning. But now I have lots of strange errors. Modules won't work and clicking on any module just gives the replay that it has been successfully uninstalled. Various other areas of the site simply don't work. I've checked permissions, re-done the backup, etc.

If I can't find someone to go in and fix it for me I will use this http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/251288-manual-upgrade-guide-ps-12-ps-13-ps-14-upgrade-only-database/ to try the upgrade manually.

The main issue is upgrading the database to 1.5, I guess.

...then your back up is bad...so the answer is no, you didn't have a back up...else it would work yes?

In your case 'all may be lost' but yes, try the manual upgrade and let us know how it goes. If you have issues make sure to open a new post under install...

but this time, because yes you can make it worse...ftp you root files to you local machine, using phpmyadmin export your db...then you have a back up.

good luck!

• Like 1