sync reports success but nothing on ebay

irrelevant

OK. First off, I'm running multistore.I know this is likely the cause of the issue I am having; what I need to know is how to solve it.

I have two main stores, with mostly separate product ranges. Categories are set up with two root categories, one for each store.

In the standard free eBay module 1.4.1, on PS 1.5.3.1, the tab where I assign ebay categories to store categories doesn't pick up all the store categories. It offers everything from store#1, but for store#2 it only lists store categories if they are assigned to "all shops." This I can cope with, even though it's obviously not right.

On syncing, it shows me the same list of categories in selected-category mode. In that, with them all selected, and just selecting 'all products' it shows me the same total (of 381 products which sounds about right.)

On sync, it counts up /very/ quickly. It gives me errors relating to a too-low starting price on two products in store#1, and a mysterious "The quantity must be a valid number greater than 0" for a couple of other products in store#2. Those do have stock (I'm running ASM btw) and I can't see what might be different about these two. But at least it shows it's running through those products. And it reports success.

When it's done, and I check ebay, I find only the products from store 1; nothing from store 2.

So ... what can I do? Will the next version work with multi-store?

Edited by irrelevant (see edit history)

OK. Some digging shows that it's line ~2080 that is causing the product to be ignored, specifically $product->id_category_default > 0

i.e., the product record as fetched doesn't have a category set.

I'm not totally sure why that would be the case yet; it's definitely set on everything in ps_product. It might be down to the code in classes/ObjectModel.php that loads the shop table even if id_shop is NULL (as it is in the request from ebay.php); the shop table has an override for id_product_category, and as a null shop doesn't exist, the fields brought in are themselves NULL.

What I don't understand is why some products DO work ! So I'm still looking ...

OK. I know what the problem is. I should learn to read ! The module states "Stock and categories will be sent from the default Prestashop store". So if you have multi-store, only one store will be used as the source of the items. Even with the /products/ shared across stores, if they don't share /stock/ then if your primary store doesn't have it's own stock, you don't have anything to sell.

Looking at the code, if the stores share stock, then it ought to work. Mine don't, though they were supposed to... Now I have to go find a way to preserve my stock levels if I turn that option on, but that'd be an issue for another thread...

OK I bit the bullet and converted to shared stock... bit of code-peering and manual sql to check how to preserve my stock levels, but it seemed to work. And now ebay throws out the sync because there's no prices... great. Not.

I think this is going to need a substantial amount of rewriting to make it work properly in a multi-store environment. I'm considering writing a module for eBid(.net) so might end up writing two instead.. drat ..