Import CVS with special letters in words

Hi,

I'm having problem importing product and categories in my language. (Slovenian) In my language we have ČŠŽ, which is in cvs file seen like some strange signs and import wont do what is he need to do and report to me "Hack attempt". I have in Excell selecting language code UTF-8. Does anybody know what is the problem and solution for that.

best regards,

martin

Csv files are a really difficult way of loading data. I've been playing around for ages to get some products loaded without much success and I don't think you can load such characters using the standard routine.

I don't know if it would make any difference if you replace the letters with the character codes (probably not).
Failing that there should be a way of using phpmyadmin to create the appropriate tables if you already have the data in mysql.

Hi, Can You tell me how Yours csv look like? I have problem with uploading products, and don't know how this file should look like...
I need to use " separators for text? I need to use every column in the csv file, even if there is no information for it??
could You share with some example?

But be aware when you export excell file it don't know to export in UTF-8 format, that you need to with Notepad. Just open cvs file and at bottom of window you will see encoding (by defult ANSI, change it to UTF-8) and we are in bussines ;-)

• 1 year later...