"View My Shop"-URL error after changing base-URL

Hi there,

I have set up prestashop 1.5.4.1 on my webspace in a folder called "shop" and I set up the shop- and SSL-URL in the PS-admin to a subdomain called something like "shop.mydomain.com". The base URL was simply the "/" root.

This worked perfectly when I browsed for the shop-domain online under "shop.mydomain.com". But when I tryed accessing the shop via the "view my shop"-link in the right hand corner of the PS-admin, the control panel sent me to something like: shop.mydomain.com/shop/

This returned an error for file not found.

The story before that: For testing I originally used my hosts server address followed by the "/shop"-folder for the PS-shop-URL. Only afterwards I changed the URLs. First I made the mistake and kept "/shop" in the base URL while setting the shop- and SSL-URL to "shop.mydomain.com". That led to "file not found"-errors even while browsing for it, because "shop.mydomain.com" got redirected to "shop.mydomain.com/shop/" right away. Now that aspect of the problem is fixed, but the other is bothering me, because it might cause other problems.

Also I have now tryed to leave the base URL empty. By doing so something changed, even though the "/" appeared again in the base URL field (it didn't stay empty). Hitting the "view my shop"-link now sends me to my PS-shops 404-page.

What am I missing?

Is there a file in prestashop 1.5.4.1 I also have to change?

Thanks for your help!

Best wishes.

Thanks for the reply.

I tryed to regenerate the .htaccess-file by either turning on/off the friendly URLs and the multishop feature. It didn't create an .htaccess-file.

After that I created an empty .htaccess, uploaded it and tryed both ways again. This successfully created a .htaccess-file.

But it didn't change the described behavior.

"shop.mydomain.com" can be accessed by browser under this address

"view my shop"-link in PS-control-panel ends on the shops 404-page

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^shop.mydomain.com$

RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/]

RewriteRule ^api/?(.*)$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}webservice/dispatcher.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]

# AlphaImageLoader for IE and fancybox

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^shop.mydomain.com$

RewriteRule ^images_ie/?([^/]+)\.(jpe?g|png|gif)$ js/jquery/plugins/fancybox/images/$1.$2 [L]

</IfModule>

#If rewrite mod isn't enabled

ErrorDocument 404 /index.php?controller=404

Can I take any clues from this?

Thanks for the help.