Deleted Category Image Keeps Coming Back - The Attack of the Zombie Images!

I'm running Prestashop latest with EB Liguid theme I was able to create a category and upload an image for the category, but I cannot change the image.

When I delete a category image and save, no image is displayed on the category page in the front office or in the back office, but as soon as I upload a new image, the old image comes back and it is the old image that is displayed in both the front office and back office.

All of the messages (Uploading...., Saved, etc.) are correct and I am getting no errors or warnings, but I can't change the image. This seems very odd, so I thought I'd ask before I dig into the thing with a debugger

MY SUSPICION IS that there may be a permission problem on the directories involved and it's not throwing a error, but I can seem to figure out which directories are involved in the process of uploading and storing the images so that I can set the permissions correctly -- IF that is actually the problem.

Perhaps, if someone could tell me EXACTLY which directories are involved when uploading category and product images, I could start there...

I've downloaded the ENTIRE prestashop installation so I could look for the directories, but the images seem to be stored in multiple directories, which I assume has something to do with uploading, compressing, storing, and then caching the image...