Reverse module hook's exceptions?

Hi.

If I want a module to only only show up in certain pages, is there a way I can do that without having to add all other pages to the hook's exception?

If possible I would like to avoid using css display none as this block is showing quite a huge picture. Not having to load it at all would be preferable.

Thanks.

Edited by panupat (see edit history)

there is no other way (in back end) to achieve what you want. Only after modificaiton: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/254063-ps-15-improvement-modules-positions-exceptions/page__p__1264885?do=findComment&comment=1264885

(it's easy to define exceptions with this modification)

you can also change the module .tpl file or in the .php file - add the {if} conditions to check browsed page then display hook, or not

• 2 months later...

Prestashop 1.5.6

Feeling really stupid on this one. Got a module that is hooked into displayHeader,

but index is listed as a file exception and I want it removed so I can display it.

It's on all the pages, but I can't get it on the index page. I want to Remove the

exception, not add one, but the form list seems to be fixed.

just want to remove index from the exceptions list.

Thanks

I know, newbie.

Here's my problem exactly.

Got a Theme Manager module that is hooked into displayHeader.

It shows up on every page except the home page (index)

Doesn't matter what I do, select index from exceptions list, etc.

I just want it on the home page also.

Is there a db table where I can make a relationship for this module where I can

somehow allow displayHeader to show it on the index page in addition to all other pages?

Module name lcsthemestyle (Theme Manager)

Hooked into displayHeader

thanks

Thanks venkia,

I understand that, there is something in the module that is not allowing it to populate the correct javaascript in the

headers of the index page, as it appears in every other page, regardless of whether index is in the list or not.

I appreaciate your comments, I'll just keep digging.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am having this issue as the Store Locator Block does not appear on my category and sub-category pages, but I want it to.

I go to edit the dsplayLeftColumn hook and it lists "category" in the exceptions list.

I hope/think the solution is to remove "category" from that exception list, but there seems to be no way to remove these exceptions, just add them.

Anyone know how to remove one of these exceptions?.