HELP! I've messed it up!

Hi folks,

Ive installed prestshop and had ti working fine and was addint products etc etc. It was installed at www.mydomain.com/shop

I then installed another theme, which didnt work anyway as the page was blank.

I've now reset the defulat theme but when I go to my usual www.mydomain.com/shop it automatically forwards me to www.mydomain.com/shop/en

And my shop is obviously not there, its just a blank page!

PLEASE any suggestions on how I stop it forwarding to the new 'en' folder??

any advice would be great as im new to this and love prestashop

P.S I've DELETED the theme by clicking on the little 'trash can' icon so its now longer in my 'themes' but its still forwarding to that page where nothing exsists.

Thanks

UPDATE (but still somethign wrong)

I've gone into PREFERENCES>SEO & URLS and edits the index page. When i went in it said '/shop/' so ive changed it to '/' and I can now see PART of my site on the www.domainname.com/shop.

However, all i can see is basic text, no template layout and if i click on the links I get a 404 error for each and every link. Ive attached a screenshot. I REALLY do not want to have to restart all over again so hoping someone might know how to solve this! :( So fed up that that stupdi template I installed messed it up!

screenshot here :-

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1366/s5nc.jpg

Edited by dazlia (see edit history)

can you show configuration of the mentioned fields? shop domain, shop base uri - of course from preferences > seo & urls tab.

moreover, try to regenerate the .htaccess file located in your root dir of the store.

Hi Vekia,

Appreciate your reply but like i said I'm new to this so I understand (i think) what you mean when you say "can i show you the configuration for each field from SEO & URLS tab".

I dont know what you mean when you talk about regenerating .htaaccess file though im afraid.?

Should i just take a screenshot of the SEO & URL's page ? is that what you mean?

thanks

thanks

I'm interested in first screenshot

regarding to your first post, you said that you've got shop in the /shop/ directory on your domain

in this case you have to use /shop/ as a base uri field.

change the value of this field then regnerate the .htaccess file

hi,

I did what you suggested mate.

Firstly I changed the the base url filed to '/shop/'.

Then I used my FTP and deleted the HTACCESS file.

Then I turned 'freindly URL's" on and back off in order to regenerate the htacess file and now its doing what it did before..........if i go to mydomain.com/shop ...........it redirected me to mydomain/shop/en and gives me a 404 error page?

I cant understand this :( appreciate you helping me out.......dont give up on me yet lol :)

update: Just out of curiosity I chjanged the base URL back to '/' and it no longer redirects me to www.mydomain.com/shop/en

But again its just text only and no template/images as in the screenshot

Edited by dazlia (see edit history)

Vekia, I'm not sure if you would be willing to do this but yoru clearly a trusted member on here so I could PM you my backoffice login detials for prestashop if it helps and you can spare 5 minutes to look yourself?

Hi Vekia,

Yes. Basically I didnt install it myself mate. I use 'Hostgator' as my host and as part of my admin control panel for hostgator you have a 'quick install' option, where it gives you loads of different eccommerce packages etc. So all i did was choose a username and password and enter a folder name, which i called 'shop' and it installs it all for you.

It was all working fine until I uploaded a template which I then set as my defualt template but the main page @ mydomain.com/shop then showed a blank screen, so i deleted it and since then, as I say, all i have is that blue basic hyperlinks page as my shopfront.

I've sent you my username and password to you anyway if you could take a quick look id appreciate it :)

Thanks again