AL-DEV

Hi guys!

I've created three shops:

www.domain.com/first

www.domain.com/second

www.domain.com/third

I want that one user go to:

www.domain.com

based on geolocation (is activated in the BO) is redirected to the correct site.

How can I set the geolocation to assign a shop to a country? or how can I made it?

Although is it possible to get from PS framework the informations about the geolocation and create a custom redirect?

Thanks

S

Edited by AL-DEV (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Hi guys!

I've created three shops:

www.domain.com/first

www.domain.com/second

www.domain.com/third

I want that one user go to:

www.domain.com

based on geolocation (is activated in the BO) is redirected to the correct site.

How can I set the geolocation to assign a shop to a country? or how can I made it?

Although is it possible to get from PS framework the informations about the geolocation and create a custom redirect?

Thanks

S

Hi Everybody,

I Also want to do the same thing what AL-DEV said above, Please anybody there?

Thanks in advance.

tip: native Geo Location uses free maxmind geolitecity.dat.  This is 85% accurate, meaning when IP lookup fails, then the visitor will not be allowed to shop.

as for the hack, one can put in a hack classes/controller/FrontController.php to 'try' redirect based on country, but you need to account for non-resolved IP, i.e. nop disallow of  shopping.

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone, i saw that topic is about 2 years I go, but hope that somebody of you can help me!

I have a shop with Prestashop 1.6.1.2 

www.name.it/shop/it

www.name.it/shop/en

Now, i have 3 product X - Y - Z .

My catalogue have 28 articles that customer can buy ( these 28 articles are various composition of X/Y/Z combined each other.

I've set some 5 different area - 2 courier  - 1 Default Currency ( EURO )

ITALY ( Default )  - DOMESTIC COURIER 

Europe - INTERNATIONAL COURIER 

USA - INTERNATIONAL COURIER 

Americas - INTERNATIONAL COURIER 

East Countries  - INTERNATIONAL COURIER 

I would like to know if I can set these preferences:

1) I need that Prestashop shows Italian Version only for Italian visitor( even if not registred/logged IN )

and auto show English Version for all others countries 

2) Is it possible to set  a group of products show ONLY  for IT visitor - and another group of product show ONLY for other visitor ( I've already try to create a new product only in English but it doesn't work so I'm looking for a module that can help me .

3) If option 2 is not possible - can i set different images and prices for Italian and English Version?

Thanks in advance for anybody who will help me in this issue :)

PS: sorry for my English!

Edited by prandobs (see edit history)

Hi everyone, i saw that topic is about 2 years I go, but hope that somebody of you can help me!

I have a shop with Prestashop 1.6.1.2 

www.name.it/shop/it

www.name.it/shop/en

Now, i have 3 product X - Y - Z .

My catalogue have 28 articles that customer can buy ( these 28 articles are various composition of X/Y/Z combined each other.

I've set some 5 different area - 2 courier  - 1 Default Currency ( EURO )

ITALY ( Default )  - DOMESTIC COURIER 

Europe - INTERNATIONAL COURIER 

USA - INTERNATIONAL COURIER 

Americas - INTERNATIONAL COURIER 

East Countries  - INTERNATIONAL COURIER 

I would like to know if I can set these preferences:

1) I need that Prestashop shows Italian Version only for Italian visitor( even if not registred/logged IN )

and auto show English Version for all others countries 

PS and best practice for language detect is by reading the visitors http language settings.  PS has native feature for this back office-->localization-->localization-->set language from browser 'enabled'.  

I elaboarated on this concept to create PrestaShop Advanced Visitor Language | Currency Pro.

2) Is it possible to set  a group of products show ONLY  for IT visitor - and another group of product show ONLY for other visitor ( I've already try to create a new product only in English but it doesn't work so I'm looking for a module that can help me .

I'm not aware of a configurable option wihin ps that will support this but I did see this module which is interesting:

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/international-localization/11936-geo-hide-products.html

very interesting and can set it being useful in a localized shop...

3) If option 2 is not possible - can i set different images and prices for Italian and English Version?

Native unfortunately does not  support this, but I did see this work:

http://www.bvkyazilim.com/cart/content-management-sharing/images-by-language.html

I'm happy now to see someone address this as well but there maybe others.

Thanks in advance for anybody who will help me in this issue :)

PS: sorry for my English!

I give my best thoughts on questions in red above.

one other point, it is a big issue for search engines if you redirect, you could be punished severely...avoid  at all costs localization with redirects.  How bad could it be?  Pretty bad now but the new proposed EU regulations can issue a take down order on shops in EU that redirect based on geo location...

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-16-1887_en.htm

@El Patron

Thanks so much for your detailed answer!

I am not sure that i've correctly understand everything so I need your confirmation about:

I would like to have only 1 currency for all visitors/countrys ( EURO will be the only currency active worldwide )

a) By the module Geo Targeting Pro Price i can set different prices by country.

As said before  i have 5 Macro Area that contains countries :

ITALY ( Default )  - DOMESTIC COURIER  ( Contains only Italy)

Europe - INTERNATIONAL COURIER ( Contains 20+Contries as like Germany,UK,Belgium,France,Spain,Hungary ecc ecc )

USA - INTERNATIONAL COURIER ( 50 Countries/States)

Americas - INTERNATIONAL COURIER ( Brasil,Argentina,Paraguay and many others )

East Countries  - INTERNATIONAL COURIER  (Japan,China,India,Vietnam and others)

Oceania ( Australia and New Zeland )

Can i Set (ITALY)

Produt A = 15 €

Product B = 20 €

Product C = 25 €

Product Z = 50 €

All other countries:

Product A = 20 €

Product B = 30 €

Product C = 55 €

Product Z = 70 €

Are these rules easy to set?

Or I have to work on every single country, i mean, can i set macro area as EUROPE ( That contains many other countries ) or I have to set every single state like : Set the rule for Germany, then set the rule for UK , then set the rule for Spain... even if the rule is the same?

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/prestashop-modules-15/34-geo-targeting-pro-price-by-country.html - Cost of module : 50.00 €

B) That module http://www.bvkyazili...y-language.html let me set for every product different image by every language : 50.00 €

C) If redirect by country is not legal... i don't have any other option right?

I know i am boring, but this is not my work, I create my ecommerce by myself by tutorials and guide online so i have some difficult in understand all prestashop "Logical and functional activities" + my English is not perfect!

Solution A + B seems to be very good because with 100.00 € I will resolve over a month of nights spent on the web looking for a solutions!

THANK YOU SO MUCH @El Patron :) 

@El Patron

Thanks so much for your detailed answer!

I am not sure that i've correctly understand everything so I need your confirmation about:

I would like to have only 1 currency for all visitors/countrys ( EURO will be the only currency active worldwide )

I don't really recommend this because for example US would want USD.  etc.  The only real issue in a single multi-currency is charming the end, i.e. 17.99 etc.  I run my own module for charminig price endings but it's no longer for sale, there may now be alt. somewhere out there.  

a) By the module Geo Targeting Pro Price i can set different prices by country.

As said before  i have 5 Macro Area that contains countries :

ITALY ( Default )  - DOMESTIC COURIER  ( Contains only Italy)

Europe - INTERNATIONAL COURIER ( Contains 20+Contries as like Germany,UK,Belgium,France,Spain,Hungary ecc ecc )

USA - INTERNATIONAL COURIER ( 50 Countries/States)

Americas - INTERNATIONAL COURIER ( Brasil,Argentina,Paraguay and many others )

East Countries  - INTERNATIONAL COURIER  (Japan,China,India,Vietnam and others)

Oceania ( Australia and New Zeland )

Can i Set (ITALY)

Produt A = 15 €

Product B = 20 €

Product C = 25 €

Product Z = 50 €

All other countries:

Product A = 20 €

Product B = 30 €

Product C = 55 €

Product Z = 70 €

Are these rules easy to set?

Or I have to work on every single country, i mean, can i set macro area as EUROPE ( That contains many other countries ) or I have to set every single state like : Set the rule for Germany, then set the rule for UK , then set the rule for Spain... even if the rule is the same?

price by country can only be defined by product and by country see:  back office --> catalog --> products --> edit product --> prices tab --> add new 'specific price'   (here you can add price by country).

I like (used myself a few years back) this module for mass updates of specific prices

https://ebewe.net/shop/en/prestashop-modules/15-mass-discounter.html

but one could also manage them via .csv (don't ask me how lol)

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/prestashop-modules-15/34-geo-targeting-pro-price-by-country.html - Cost of module : 50.00 €

B) That module http://www.bvkyazili...y-language.html let me set for every product different image by every language : 50.00 €

C) If redirect by country is not legal... i don't have any other option right?

I suggest that you use ccTLD's, i.e. mydomain.it mydomain.de for example, so if search by visitor in .it, they most likely would be served the .it.  I don't have better idea on this when we rule out redirect.  This assumes of course native PrestaShop MultiShop or yes I have module PrestaShop MultiShop Pro.

I know i am boring, but this is not my work, I create my ecommerce by myself by tutorials and guide online so i have some difficult in understand all prestashop "Logical and functional activities" + my English is not perfect!  Your English is very good, and this is area I like so not boring at all.  And I don't help here to sell modules...it's just an area that I work in.

Solution A + B seems to be very good because with 100.00 € I will resolve over a month of nights spent on the web looking for a solutions!

THANK YOU SO MUCH @El Patron :)

You are most welcome, see comments above in red.

Thanks so much!

I think that I will buy these 4 modules!

Just one another question:

Sometime i ask help to a programmer, he suggests to use MULTIPLE SHOP because he substain that by that way i will manage all these particular option that i would set, in a easy way.

What do you think?

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

I think that I will buy these 4 modules!

Just one another question:

Sometime i ask help to a programmer, he suggests to use MULTIPLE SHOP because he substain that by that way i will manage all these particular option that i would set, in a easy way.

What do you think?

Thanks so much!

Native PrestaShop MultiShop is 'very' configurable.  I only recommend using it when each additional shop shares everything from main shop but can be used in many different ways.  I suggest building a test shop say in a subdomain, then create additional shops using PS MS as subdomains.  This way you will have good understanding. test test test

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Prestashop 1.6.1.2

What i’ve done:

Installed English language.

LOCATIONàZONE I created and activated 8 areas:

ITALY

USA

EU (Excluding Italy)

Oceania

South America

Middle East

Orient

Asia

- Via the LOCAZIZZAZIONE / NATION path I entered the desired Nations within each zone.

- I have the following couriers configuration ( Set by Price )

GLS only active for the area ITALY :

Shipping cost 7.50 € active for all orders 0 < X <= 31.99 €

Fedex Only active for the remaining zones

With different prices for each area ( ITALY not flagged at all )

Problem # 1:  i’ve try to registe ras worldwide user ( I’ve try as German, UK, USA ; AE destination and billing address but at the checkout it show the correct international courier (Fedex) but it show FREE SHIPPING even if by the rule i’ve set it has to show shipping costs

I have to set Free Shipping ONLY for Italy and only from 31.99.

The rule is already active, the problem that the rule is extended also to the automatic carrier FedEx is only assigned to all delivery addresses EXTRA ITALY

Problem # 2: Always in the checkout - inserting a foreign state (USA / UK / DE / JP ..) in the payment section says:

NO PAYMENT METHOD AVAIABLE – or - No valid payment method

I checked in BackOffice:

Modules -> Payment -> Limitations (and I activated Paypal for all zones / states / nations.

Why not display any method even though he is doing tests with registered user with delivery / billing address in New York?

Same problem about taxes.

Can I pay someone to do that?

Have I to create a special user with some limitations to protect me during this work?

I hope someone wants / can help me

Thank you and good week end!

Marco