Different Home Page Depending on Country

Prestashop 1.5.4.1

Good Morning

Is there a way in Prestashop to show a different landing/home page depending on what country the visitor is from. For example, if the visitor is from the UK, show the default landing/home page. If a visitor is from Germany show a different landing/home page, etc..

Thanks for reading.

Hello,

Are you asking this as a functionality which would be available in Prestashop through the back office or is it as part of a module?

I guess this is something possible to do, if you develop a module, using one of the many pre-existing Prestashop hooks and make your module take specific decision based on the country the visitor is from.

These are my two cents.

BR,

RaPhiuS

actually...you can use multishop and create a domain using ccTLD's, i.e. com.de someurl.fr etc...one for each country you do business in...using ccTLD's there is no duplicate content penalty

then your organic SEO for your product, i.e. when a someone searches in one of the countries you have a ccTLD, will then enter that domain...and not your main domain.

with multishop you can have a different theme and/or customization etc. by shop....

most folks look at multishop as a way to combine different shops into one back office...that is the least valuable IMHO....presenting same content across countries using ccTLD...is da bomb...

that's how I would go about it...it all about SEO....

• 2 years later...

Hi, I know this thread is ancient but I haven't found anything more recent.

After setting up Prestashop I've had a huge increase in orders from different countries. I would like to have a basic HTML block module showing a customised welcome message depending on the visitor's country (but don't want to create new domains / sites for each country). Is there a module that provides something like country dependent hooks?

Thanks a lot!