Birthday and Mr/Mrs/Ms radio buttons- how to remove them without error message

I commented out the birth date and radio buttons for Title from the customer registration (authentication.tpl), however I get an error that the date is not valid when trying to register a test account. I guess the birth date is required and validated somewhere.

Can anyone point me to the right file to be changed,s o I don;t get the error anymore.

Thanks.

Galia

• 4 months later...

don't comment it in the .tpl file

edit the customer object definition in the customer controller

Can you explain why you mean this is better practice than commenting the .tpl files? I see many people recommend commenting the tpl's so thats why I am asking. Is it a valid question?

however I get an error that the date is not valid when trying to register a test account. I guess the birth date is required and validated somewhere.

this is because ;)

you have to disable this field in controller, because there is a definition of "required"  (it mean that field is required so it's necessary to change class)

So does he still need to edit the tpl file or just remove the requirement field in the controller, i think that was what he was asking.

i think he would need to do both right?

why isn't their a option in the BO, that says " Disable/Enable Birthday" .

Also what is the point of birthday, i see that in the BO, it stores the age of the customer.

And their is no built in module that is included in 1.561 as i see it that utilizes the birthday date? i know their are paid birthday modules. but i cant see the reason for forcing prestashop managers to demand their customers to put in the birthday.

Thanks

Edited by ricky11 (see edit history)