[solved] global.css file problem

Hi there,

I have a small problem and don't know how to fix it, tried everything.. I'm a new user and admit I don't know much about coding and prestashop.

1. My problem is that I can't edit the global.css file, I want to add a background img, I uploaded it into my img folder from my default theme but when I add the url to the global.css file, the file doesnt update.

I mean I tried to change the background color, the color, nothing works... any ideas?

2. Also if I made this topic maybe you can help me with another small thing I want to change if you have any ideas and its not hard: I want to change the Contact block (the one with we're available 24/7) to show 3 phone numbers instead of 1, I would like to add just 3 phone numbers intro that module block with or without the email option.

Please give me a hand cus I have a deadline to finish this and I'm stuck on a (i think) small thing.

Best regards,

Adel

http://communicategsm.ro

I did the "Inspect element" with chrome and I know I changed the right thing, tested url, normal color like red, hex colors... its like the global.css doesnt get updated... I mean when I open it the files are just like I changed them but when I refresh the page and check with "inspect element again" the color is still #fff, im 4 hours on this thing already... Im loosing it :(

hmm I dont know how but now suddenly it works... sorry to bother..

while you still read this thread, do you think you can help me with my second problem?

I managed to add 3 phone numbers but I would like to add each number a certain color (like 1st green,. 2nd red, 3rd orange), if I edit the .css of the module I can make all 3 the same color I can't make each another color...

or can I modify the module so that in the BO I have 3 fields to add 3 phone numbers not just 1 where I added 3 numbers?

Edited by adelnaser (see edit history)

in this case edit the module .tpl file

add there own phone numbers, as many as you want with style="" definition

example:

<span color="red">00 123123123</span>

<br/><span color="green">00 123123123</span>

<br/><span color="blue">00 123123123</span>

I must be doing something wrong..

Thanks for the advice from above, now I got another issue with the blockuserinfo.css, removed a color from here and it behaves just like the global css did this morning, am I doing something wrong or theres a delay until the changes are saved and modified? I add the colors and nothing changes, just like on the global file :\

Yea I'm doing it right... its very strange, for example I tried colors and stuff for the last file that didnt work and had no succes but now, after 10 mins it just started working, I left it as I wanted and after 10 mins the change has just been made, I dont know what the hell is wrong but it has a delay,

I tried to modify the .tpl file like you said with the <span> stuff but with no succes and I dont know whats wrong, the fact that the file doesnt change or I'm adding the text wrong..

I'm very frustrated and I'm sorry for wasting your time with "cheap" stuff like these, I'm a noob but I'm eager to learn.

url is http://communicategsm.ro

FIGURED IT OUT!! SORRY!!!

Edited by adelnaser (see edit history)

Yea, I dont know what was with that delay, why it didnt work when I changed colors, now all files are working.. the <span> stuff didnt work because there are 2 blockcontact.tpl files, one outside the theme and one inside, I have to modify the one outside the theme for changes to take effect.

thanks for the help, you can mark the thread solved :)

have an awsome day!

• 1 year later...