SOLVED Suddenly blank homepage

Hello, I suddenly get a blank homepage when I go to my shop's url. It's still in development mode, but I didn't do anything weird today, just added new products, a new category and category descriptions. Some days ago, the shop was still working like it should, I continued to fill it up today, without checking if it still worked, and after I added some 70 more products, 1 new category and some category descriptions, I checked again and got the blank page.

I tried several things, like clearing out the cache, force compile, clearing all browser history and cookies.... Nothing helps :( I also tried to change defines.inc.php like mentioned here: http://www.prestasho...-or-blank-page/ but when I refresh the page, it still just gives a blank page and no error is mentioned.

I tried removing the categories descriptions I added, but it didn't help either. I'm at a loss here, does anyone know what's going on?

I'm using 1.5.4.1

Edited by Kat84 (see edit history)

I checked my ftp and if you mean something like error.log or something, I'm afraid I don't have it. I did have a folder "logs" but I couldn't find anything with errors in it. I just sent out an e-mail to my hosting provider about this, I hope they can help me out as well...

Ok, will also check there. In the meantime, I found out that in my admin panel when I have my list of products, all the thumbnail images that should show in front of the products, are gone :( When clearing out my cache I also cleared out my img/tmp, was that wrong?

I checked my webhosting control panel but couldn't find it there either. I will have to wait for an answer of them, then :(

Concerning the thumbnails: When I try to regenerate them, I get an error:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request POST /(mysite)/index.php.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

I tried removing the newly added category, but it didn't help, I'm now de-activating all the newly added products, maybe this helps (I think not, but it's worth a try, isn't it). I also have something like a "debug console" in my advanced parameters/performance, maybe I can do something with that?

Now that I de-activated some of the 80 new items I added, I sometimes get the homepage when I refresh, but it doesn't load fully (even though the rotating wheel in the url box stops rotating after a while, indicating the page loaded fully, but in fact it didn't load fully). And other times when I refresh the page gives the blank homepage again. Also, some pictures of products still show, but others don't show anymore (I get a big question mark).

I don't understand what's the problem :( Maybe my hosting server has too small a space for my webshop (I have 2 websites at the moment, maybe that's too much?)

In the end it turned out that the php memory limit was too low with my hosting provider and they didn't want to change it, so I changed hosting provider and now this particular problem is solved. I did get some other, new problems while migrating to another host, but I will open a new topic about this :)

It was a problem with the php memory limit. It was hosted at 64MB but I needed at least 128MB for my purchased theme and also I have many products in my shop so I guess that was why it went wrong. Now I have 128MB php memory limit and all works well :)