[solved] Change price display according to product category

sromain

Hi,

I would like to create a function that changes the price text on product page. All my products are rented by week but I have 20 products that are rented by day, that's why I want to create this function.

Actually the price on my product page is display by this line of code :

<span id="our_price_display" itemprop="price">{$productPrice|regex_replace:"/[\\{$currencySign}]/":""}€/week</span>

I have created a category "day" and I would like that products which are on "day" category display this line of code :

<span id="our_price_display" itemprop="price">{$productPrice|regex_replace:"/[\\{$currencySign}]/":""}€/day</span>

I don’t know how to integrate this function in the code and if it is possible. If you could help me it would be nice :)

Kind Regards,

Romain

Hi,

Is the category_default for those product different than all the rest. If so you can use that to do what you want.

Something like:

{if $product->id_category_default != "id_of_category_day"}week{else}day{/if}

then replace week with this.

If the default is the same, then something else must be different (reference,...).

Edited by sadlyblue (see edit history)

Yes I can put a different category_default for those products, I think I will use "day" category.

If I add the line of code, I have an error. There are already 2 {if} in the code, do I have to replace it?

Current code:

{if $priceDisplay >= 0 && $priceDisplay <= 2}

{if $currencyFormat == 1 || $currencyFormat == 3}

<meta itemprop="priceCurrency" content="{$currency->iso_code}"/ ><span class="currency_price">{$currencySign}</span><span id="our_price_display" itemprop="price">{$productPrice|regex_replace:"/[\\{$currencySign}]/":""}</span>

{else}

<span id="our_price_display" itemprop="price">{$productPrice|regex_replace:"/[\\{$currencySign}]/":""}€/week</span>

{/if}

Edited by sromain (see edit history)

just replace this line:

With this:

<span id="our_price_display" itemprop="price">{$productPrice|regex_replace:"/[\\{$currencySign}]/":""}€/{if $product->id_category_default != "id_of_category_day"}week{else}day{/if}</span>

And don't forget to replace id_of_category_day with the id of your category day.

It should work, i just tested on my test site...

Hi SadlyBlue,

I have tried the code on product-list page but it's not working.

{if isset($product.show_price) && $product.show_price && !isset($restricted_country_mode)}à partir de<br /><span class="price" style="display: inline;">{if !$priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$product.price}{else}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}/{if $product->id_category_default != "49"}semaine{else}jour{/if}</span>

{if isset($product.reduction) && $product.reduction}

Do you think we can use this method for the product list-page?

Regards,

Romain

Edited by sromain (see edit history)