HELP - How to change 'static banners' in my new template?

Hello,

I am new to Prestashop as I worked with magento in the past, so I need to learn a few Prestashop tricks that I didn't find out yet.

1. I bought a new template, and I want to change the 'static banners' next to the slider (attached a screenshot so you know what I'm talking about). I've searched everywhere, including in the home editor module (which was empty), but I couldn't find how to change those images and links associated. Is there a way to change them? What files should I edit?

2. Would there be any module that could help changing quickly those images and links for future actions?

Thanks a lot

Document Aperçu 6 non enregistré.pdf

well, you use non default template so it's hard to say what kind of modules you've got there - we don't know how this theme works and what modules you've got there.

is any posibility to check your website somewhere? if so, please share the url - it will be really helpfull

it's hard to say what kind of module you have there, but you can also check the module list in the modules > positions tab in your back office. you've got there all modules used in your store (listed by localization)

in this case, please check what modules you've got in the "displayHome" hook modules list.

check modules one by one.

vekia, there is no display home in the modules > positions. However, I did find the customcontent module you were talking about. Actually, there are 6 customcontent modules, but if I click edit all are in grey. How can I change that and know which one goes where?

Alternatively, what css files should i edit for the image and link? I just know the image I want to change is named banner1.jpg.

i talked about another page (not modules > positions) but about modules > modules tab

you've got there full list of modules in your website (installed and uninstalled)

this is an example of the module, you can see there is "configure" button

k7SB9nx.png

you have to use this button.

Thank you so much boss! You made my day.

I learn everyday as I am new to prestashop. Another question: what does hook really mean in the customcontent module?

P.S: I recommend everyone to use the search tool option in browser as it is easier to locate any work in page.

you're welcome B)

im glad that i could help in this case.

you asked about "hook"

As you've probably noticed, PrestaShop is a software that allows you to create modules designed to interact directly with the heart of the solution’s display or events.

The "hooks" allow you to retrieve these events or change the display.

So there are actually two distinct types of "hooks".

• Action "hooks" (letting you, for example, send out a mail when a client creates a user account)
  • View "hooks" (enabling you, for example, to display a module in a column)

in other words: hooks are places (like left / right column, footer, top etc.) where you can insert the "content" of the modules