No carrier has been made available for this selection.

i am getting this error in my cart and cant get it fixed. my customers cant check out without a carrier selected and there is no carriers to chose from?

No carrier has been made available for this selection.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I also have this problem, on PS 1.5.5 with custom theme.

I only sell in one country and one zone.

I have free shipping. Do I need to set the parameters described below?

Make sure that:
- Couriers have price / weight ranges
- Are in the correct zones       <---what do you mean?
- Are available for the correct groups
- Have the prices (if not free)

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I have all carries active, see summary below,

Carrier name: UPS Ground

This carrier is not free and the delivery announced is: UPS Ground.

The shipping cost is calculated according to the weight and the tax rule No Tax will be applied.

This carrier can deliver orders from 0.000000 LBS to 0.000000 LBS. If the order is out of range, the behavior is to apply the cost of the highest defined range.

This carrier will be proposed for those delivery zones:
  • North America

And it will be proposed for those client groups:
  • Visitor
  • Customer

If you have enabled warehouse / stock management you must specify the carriers that each warehouse is using or you will get this error.

Go to Stock --> Warehouses --> Edit the warehouse you are shipping from and under "Carriers" CTRL + Click to select the carriers then save.

• Like 3

I believe the menu shows if you turn this function on. However if you don't carry inventory it may be annoying unless you set everything up to a high amount.

I don't know what you do but if you sell via drop shipment form vendors you can set inventory to 9999999 on each item, create a warehouse and apply the carriers to that warehouse. Might be worth trying.

I know the feeling... I'm moving my business website from CRE Loaded due to aging code and although Prestashop is overall much better I am also disappointed that basic things are not being fixed update after update, i.e the out of the box FedEx module 1.3 is still not properly working with the same issue reported well over a year ago or vouchers from points is crashing and so on. Go figure. Sorry I could not help you with this hope someone else will.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using PrestaShop 1.5.6.0 and the default theme. I cannot get any carrier to appear for order placement ("No carrier has been made available for this selection").

I have now spent almost 10 hours checking every menu for anything that seems even remotely like it could prevent the carrier from being available. I have checked everything suggested in previous posts and everything seems to be configured correctly.

Under Shipping->Carriers there is a carrier that came with the installation named "First Class Mail" which is enabled. Under Shipping->Shipping I selected "First Class Mail" as the default carrier.

The country that was specified in the shipping address is enabled via Localization->Countries and the zone for the specified country is enabled in Localization->Zones. Localization->States has all states enabled (the address is in the United States).

The product dimensions & weight are configured for the product being ordered and are within the ranges configured for "First Class Mail" carrier. Group access is checked for all groups (visitor, guest, customer) for this carrier. The zone for the destination address is checked in "Shipping Locations and Costs" for the carrier for the single range that is configured (0 to 1000 lb).

When adding a new product or editing an existing product, under Shipping, there is a drop-down list of carriers containing ALL the carriers listed under Shipping->Carriers, both enabled and disabled. There is also a button that says "Unselect All". There is no apparent indication whether a carrier is selected or not in the drop-down, so I don't know if any of them are selected. Clicking "Unselect All" does not seem to do anything and there is NO method to select a carrier (only "Unselect"). Related question: I assume this is supposed to be used to specify which carriers to use for a specific product. For example, say I ship almost all items USPS, but there is one really heavy item that is shipped using a trucking company, but not USPS. How is this specified?

The only shipping-related module I have enabled is "Shipping Estimate" and there does not appear to be anything in its configuration that enables/disables carriers.

BTW- I cannot create a new carrier either. It won't go past the second section, "Shipping locations and costs". In Internet Explorer there is a Javascript error and in FireFox it just does not go to step 3 when I press "Next". I was trying to create my own carrier in case there is something wrong with the one I was failing to configure. Update: this only occurs if I enable "Apply Shipping Costs". If I de-select that, I can go to the 3rd step, but then I cannot set up different shipping for different parts of the world. I still don't know if I can get the new carrier to appear on the order page if I do this.

Edited by MisterPresta (see edit history)

I found what was causing my problem.

Quick answer: A single carrier was selected in the specific product's Shipping configuration. The selected carrier was disabled. When I checked the Shipping configuration there did not appear to be anything selected because the selected item was at the end of the list and was scrolled out of view. If any carriers are selected here (i.e., for the specific product), then only those carriers are available for the product. If all the selected carriers are disabled (as was my situation-- one carrier, selected but disabled), then the cart will report no carrier available.

Long answer:

I already had a suspicion that the problem was with the carriers linked to the specific product.

The user interface for selecting product-specific carriers uses a multi-selection drop-down list to show which carriers are selected. You can select from both active and disabled carriers (all carriers are in the list and the carrier's active status is not shown). If nothing is selected then all active carriers are available for this product.

I thought the list was informational only (as are many list boxes)-- i.e., showing the carriers currently configured for the product (not a list to select from). I expected "Unselect all" to clear the contents of the listbox and was confused when it didn't. As I noted in my question, I didn't see how to add carriers back to the list. It seems obvious in retrospect, but I did not realize you select an item (or items) just by clicking on them, or shift-click for multiple items, then pressing Save. I probably clicked the listbox and moved using the up/down arrow keys thinking I was just looking at the list of already-selected carriers, not actually selecting one. I of course left the last item highlighted and pressed "save" because I had set the package dimensions and weight, and the last carrier was selected.

When I later reviewed at the product configuration, the single selected carrier was at the bottom of the list and not visible when viewing the page. So I never realized I had a carrier selected (I still thought all carriers were available since they were all in the list).

A better UI may be one of those "double" lists (I don't know the technical term for them), where items in one list (left side) are available but not selected and items in the other list (right side) are selected. You highlight items in one list and use buttons ("Add", "Remove" arrows) to move the selected items to the other list. This way you can clearly see what is selected, and what is available but not selected. Showing the carrier's active status would be a bonus.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am having pretty much the same issue, with the no carrier available message as well. I have done a lot that I have found in the forum. like going to the Warehouse tab under the stock tab and selecting carriers, which seemed to work for others. But not for my store. If someone could help me the url I am working on is www.archetypevaportanks.com/store If you could take a look see if you can find a solution. I have gone every which way trying to figure this out. Had it working a couple of weeks ago. but these darn updates.

• 1 month later...

If you have enabled warehouse / stock management you must specify the carriers that each warehouse is using or you will get this error.

Go to Stock --> Warehouses --> Edit the warehouse you are shipping from and under "Carriers" CTRL + Click to select the carriers then save.

this one helped me ,thanks

• 2 months later...

I also had the same problem. Have not enabled stock management/warehouse. But added new zones and applied shipping prices to those zones. Also assigned the countries --> new zones.

Found that I have to apply new zones  to states also. Then it works correctly.

• 7 months later...

Thanks to everyone for the posts this has really helped.

The errors I committed

(a) Used Advanced Stock Management but did not configure a warehouse to use a specified shipping method.

(B)  In Shipping after selecting free shipping   Everything here needs to be blank.

Voila it worked website works fine now

• 8 months later...