[SOLVED] Can a category be set to link directly to a product

Hi all:

I am using combinations for my products. So my category may be "Football Helmets". Click on that link under categories and you come the to Football Helmet category page. I then click on that and I come to the product page with all my combinations.

Doing it this way makes the customer go through 1 extra step by going to the Football Helmet category page from th first category link.

Can the link be set to go directly from the Football Helmet category right into the product page with the combination drop down?

Thank you!

Edited by squareone (see edit history)

Sure, can you give me the URL of your website + name of the category and name of the product? I will create a .htaccess rewrite rule, which would probably be the best solution of this problem.

Yes! A redirect. I didn't think of that! I can handle that.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, new to the forum!

just have a question, is there  a final solution to Squareone's question??  thanks

solution is here:

'PSfever.com', on 10 Jul 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:snapback.png

Sure, can you give me the URL of your website + name of the category and name of the product? I will create a .htaccess rewrite rule, which would probably be the best solution of this problem.

Yes! A redirect. I didn't think of that! I can handle that.

Thank you! 

it mean - redirection from category page to product page defined in .htaccess file