[solved] Making the header 200px in height to fit logo?

Hello, I have searched the forums for sizing the header and have seen different methods and have tried tried to put height: 200px in global.css to fit my logo's height but nothing changed.

#header_logo {

position: absolute;

top: 30px;

z-index: 1;

height: 200px

}

Is this the right location for it? My site is http://www.jandsclothingco.com to take a look at the issue. Using 1.5.4.1

Edited by vekia (see edit history)

I'm having the exact same problem so would like to jump on the bandwagon here.

Something has changed in 1.5.4.1. I was previously testing with 1.5.4.0 and it was fine (moveable with css). The css was slightly different (and has no effect now) but the other and possibly more important thing is that <div class="sf-contener clearfix"> which contains the menu was previously outside of the 'header_right' DIV, but now it's inside which doesn't seem to be helping.

I'd quite like to re-arrange the header bits and pieces (and possibly move the menu DIV back outside) but have no idea where that structure is set. The only reference in header.tpl is $HOOK_TOP as if it's calling something in, but what, and where is it? Can you tell I'm new to this 'Smarty' thing? They say it's easy you know ;)

I hope you don't mind my jumping aboard here and hope even more that someone can jump in with a solution.

Ok I just realised a workaround that works for me and may help you too. Not the ideal solution but see how it goes for now:

Add the following to global.css (suggest adding to Header section along with #header_logo, etc.)

.sf-contener {

padding-top: 30px;

}

The 30px is all I need, yours will need something like 140 I would think.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by FranksBank (see edit history)

Hello, I have searched the forums for sizing the header and have seen different methods and have tried tried to put height: 200px in global.css to fit my logo's height but nothing changed.

#header_logo {

top: 30px;

height: 200px

}

Is this the right location for it? My site is http://www.jandsclothingco.com to take a look at the issue. Using 1.5.4.1

you have to change several things

first one:

for header_logo use this code:

#header_logo {
top: 0px;
}

second:

increase margin top value for:
.sf-contener {
clear: both;
margin-top: 200px;
}

(/modules/blocktopmenu/css/superfish-modified.css)

• Like 1