Short Description Formatting ?

I am having an issue with the formatting of the short description in Product list, Homefeatured and in Product view.

This is a 1.4 site with the Prestashop 1.4.5 template, the issue only arises on the new template and not on the original.

I have uploaded my original store to a sub-folder and am creating a new site with the new template, this way I can test and work out the bugs without effecting my store.

I have checked the formatting of the short description with the HTML button and can not see any difference form the standard 1.4 site.

Both like this:

<p>1/10 Scale</p>

<p>4WD</p>

<p>Sedan touring Car</p>

It seems to be adding a extra break between the lines.

In product view it's not such an issue as the text area expands to show text and does not effect the rest of the page.

This is the change made to show as a list instead of just being one line as original.

changed this:

title="{$product.description_short|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|truncate:360:'...'}">{$product.description_short|truncate:360:'...'|strip_tags:'UTF-8'}

To this:

title="{$product.description_short|truncate:360:'...'|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$product.description_short|truncate:360:'...'}

I hope someone else has had this issue and can help as I am stumped on the cause.

This is with the standard theme.

This is with the 1.4.5 theme.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...