(SOLVED) Aligning the actual footer and product pages to the center?

Hello,

I have been experimenting with prestashop and have been browsing the forums for an answer on this, but everything seems to deal with the footer TEXT and not the ACTUAL footer code. My footer is stuck aligned to the left of the page as well as the products' pages. Do I need to modify something in the global.css file or somewhere else to get them centered? My site is www.jandsclothingco.com so you can see what I am talking about. I am running 1.5.4.1

Edited by JANDSCLOTHINGCO (see edit history)

Your footer is aligned centrally. The issue is that you have a footer 980px wide contained 4 blocks each of 195px and floating left, so at the end of your footer you have a spare 200px of white space.

There are two solutions: either put in a fifth footer block also floating left to fill the gap, or extend the width of each block by 50px.

You can find the width in the global.css line, but you've got your css smart cached so we can't see what line.

(nb. the block width is 175px, going up to 195px with padding/margins)

• Like 1

Okay, well I suppose that is a third way of doing it.

Your product page is 980px wide too, but the div containing the product is only 535px wide and floats left, which is why you have almost half a page of white space.

You could put padding in the classes that control your product .container_9 and .grid_5 but these are likely to be used on other pages too, so anything you change here could knock those pages askew.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Okay, well I suppose that is a third way of doing it.

Your product page is 980px wide too, but the div containing the product is only 535px wide and floats left, which is why you have almost half a page of white space.

You could put padding in the classes that control your product .container_9 and .grid_5 but these are likely to be used on other pages too, so anything you change here could knock those pages askew.

Hallo Bob Wagstaff,

I am trying to make my footer bigger and the text of the footer in the middle of the screen.

But the problem is when the webpage is at example 120% zoomed the text moves under each other. How can I solve this problem?

www.add-more.nl