[Solved] Tax is wrongly calculated -Tax $100000 and more for any subtotal

Hi,

I am using version 1.5.4.1 with default theme.

Problem:

In Shopping cart summary the tax calculation is wrong with login or not login and it's exaggerated to the amount of $100000,insane, whatever the amount of the order.

This problem started when in back-office in Localization > Countries I checked to NO the Display tax label.

And then I checked it back to YES just to get ride of this $100000 tax display. But the problem persists and it appears randomly.

The current configuration: Localization > Countries > Display tax label. is disabled.

When in Shopping cart summary with an order already placed, the problem (tax; $100000) may not reproduce but as soon as we click on (-) or (+) to increase or decease the QTY in shopping cart summary the problem reproduces again.

I would appreciate if somebody can help or try it by placing an order of, for example, of 500 in quantity to see if you can reproduce this issue.

This happens with any product.

Thank you for any help and please see the screen shots, I want to make sure if I didn't miss any steps or did any mistake in my setup.

post-154019-0-29220300-1372999465_thumb.png

post-154019-0-14388100-1372999476_thumb.png

post-154019-0-94112100-1372999486_thumb.png

post-154019-0-50956600-1372999495_thumb.png

post-154019-0-01889000-1372999504_thumb.png

Edited by bruce-rez (see edit history)

Benjamin,

Thanks for trying.

Could you please try it with California, zip code 90014? Since we collect taxes only in CA, that's why you didn't get any tax.

And please don't forget to test it by clicking the (-) and (+) for QTY in shopping-cart summary, this is the way I reproduce the issue. You can take a look at my screen shots in the first post.

Thank you

Ok, I refreshed the browser (clear recent history).

1- Click on Organza category.

2- Click on Star Print Organza

3- Place 100 in Quantities

4- Click on "Add to cart"

5- I look at (not clicking at anything) the Shopping-cart summary and I see the tax problem ($100,500.00) see screen shot.

6- I do screen shot and then I reply to you... :)

Thanks.

post-154019-0-13341700-1373477861_thumb.jpg

Benjamin,

Please try to change the state to for example New York, zipcode 10001 in (Estimate the cost of shipping & taxes) and then play changing the QTY (-) or (+) to reproduce the issue.

I did with New York state and I reproduce the problem.

Could you show also the (Estimate the cost of shipping & taxes) section and carrier section in your screen shot please?

See my screen shot.

post-154019-0-62397100-1373478838_thumb.jpg

Ok, I refreshed the browser (clear recent history).

1- Click on Organza category.

2- Click on Star Print Organza

3- Place 100 in Quantities

4- Click on "Add to cart"

5- I look at (not clicking at anything) the Shopping-cart summary and I see the tax problem ($100,500.00) see screen shot.

6- I do screen shot and then I reply to you... :)

Thanks.

post-154019-0-13341700-1373477861_thumb.jpg

I followed this exact same procedure, I then, Added the NY Zip Code of 10001, nothing change.

Then, I moved up and down the quantity + and - ... Nothing changed also.

Screenshot below.

post-360108-0-73504100-1373562410_thumb.jpg

Benjamin,

Thanks for testing.

That's strange because I can reproduce the issue with different browsers, FireFox 22 and IE9 in PC and FireFox and Safari in Mac.

I don't want to bother you but can you try it with another product with different category that you didn't use for testing so far and when you're in shopping-cart summary, try to add or substract more than one product from QTY. For example if you have 100 products (in shopping-cart summary) then you add 5 products or substract 5 products and look at Tax line to see $100000.

Really appreciated.

I would appreciate if somebody can test my website and let me know if you can reproduce the problem.

So far the problem persists and I am trying to find a solution.

Thanks to Benjamin for his great assistance but I would wish to hear the opinion of other Moderators. After all, Prestashop forum is a big community (500000 members), so finding some help or opinion could not be so hard... :)

Thank you.

Benjamin,

Thanks a lot.

I am sure there is a problem. If you would just follow my last reply you will reproduce the issue.

I copy/paste the instruction here:

To reproduce the issue:

...try it with another product with different category that you didn't use for testing so far and when you're in shopping-cart summary, try to add or substract more than one product from QTY by clicking on (-) or (+) QTY . For example if you have 100 products (in shopping-cart summary) then you add 5 products or substract 5 products and look at Tax line to see $100000.

DH42,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried on both PC and MAC (iMac and Mac Book) with FireFox,Safari and IE9 in PC and I reproduce the problem.

Did you try it by following instruction below?

To reproduce the issue:

...try it with another product with different category that you didn't use for testing so far and when you're in shopping-cart summary, try to add or substract more than one product from QTY by clicking on (-) or (+) QTY . For example if you have 100 products (in shopping-cart summary) then you add 5 products or substract 5 products and look at Tax line to see $100000.

Please try 2 times:

if the first time, while in shopping-cart summary, you didn't filled up the Country,State and zip-code in "Estimate the cost of shipping & taxes, delete the product and then try second time by placing an order with different product and make sure the Country,State and zip-code are showin in"Estimate the cost of shipping & taxes. and then do the qupted "To reproduce the issue:" instruction.

By the way I just tried it my self right now and I can reproduce the issue, please see the screen shot.

Thank you

post-154019-0-66134900-1373692081_thumb.png

I did, I read through the whole thread and tried what you said. I am going to be up for another hour or so, if you want to trey to team viewer into my pc and try it you are more than welcome to. I also have spoon, so you can try with different browsers as well. I will pm you my skype id.

Dh42,

I got your email with skype id, thank you, really appreciated.

I am not familiarized with skype, never used, but if you could explain me how that can help for debugging then I will install it into my computer and let you know.

I did, I read through the whole thread and tried what you said.

Do you mean you could reproduce the problem?

Thank you

• 10 months later...

Hi Dh42

this is a big problem and it is not due about browsers

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-8267

you can get it when into the cart there are many products with many quantity for each of them.

The total product price is not calculated on the total product price without tax. There is a problem of some cents.

This issue doesn't appear for each order, because it depends on the product prices that you have in your eshop.

bye

post-60956-0-57633400-1401096001_thumb.png

Edited by maofree (see edit history)