Bug in 1.5 Catalog > Monitoring

There seems to be a bug in the admin > catalog > monitoring section with regard to Second section: "List of products with attributes but without available quantities for sale".

The bug is more of a systems or algorithm bug, rather than a programming bug.

In PS1.4 this section worked fine...

Suppose I sell a product that comes in many combinations, say a T-shirt in 8 different colours and 5 sizes. In PS1.4 if I had run out of the "red" T-shirt in size "large", then this section would report that I had run out of the T-shirt with colour red and size large. Great... I know to reorder this product combination.

In PS1.5, the product will only be listed as out of stock with all colours in all sizes have run out, i.e. all 40 separate product combinations have all run out of stock. By which time I might as well be out of business! I can't believe this has been changed to work this way on purpose.

I am trying to find the code that is executed in 1.5 when the catalog > monitoring menu option is clicked. In 1.4 it is admin/tabs/AdminTracking.php. This code is still present in 1.5 after upgrading, but is not longer being used.

Can anyone please help point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance

• 3 years later...