[solved] HELP! Color doesn't change using dropdown only color picker

Hey, first post here and the first PrestaShop I'm working on.

I have a problem with the color combinations and attributes. I do not want to color picker to show as it feels kind of weird to have both a drop-down and the color picker that chooses colors.

Problem though is that even though I can select a specific color from the drop down menu it doesn't actually update the product settings. Meaning that the image doesn't change even though it's linked and that if I add it to cart it doesn't add the specific color in question.

Say I add two black bowls and then add a grey one on top of that... in the cart they'll all show up as the default black one.

BUT, if I choose color with the color picker it does work as intended.

Can someone help me out or point me in the right direction?

FYI, I'm tweaking the default theme myself so I've been doing some alternations to product.tpl.

Here's a link to an example: http://villakuja.len...p?id_product=19

BIG thanks in advance! :)

If I'm not mistaken, this is caused by Javascripts. This is a custom made theme? If yes, try backing up all Js files in theme/js and replace them with the ones from Prestashop default theme. If this won't work, look for some proffesional to help you fix the .tpl file.

This should IMHO solve it.

THANKS PSfever.com for pointing me in the right direction... I hade messed up some code and even though I've gone through it several times I just couldn't find it and started to believe that the problem was something else.

A nice one hour break from website building and reading your reply was just what I needed. Problem solved now! :)