Costumer choose prices with or without VAT/taxes.

Hello!

How can i make a option for costumers to choose to display prices with or without VAT/taxes?

Personal buyers want with taxes of course but bussines want without and that's why i want them to be able to cohose.

This could be choosen in top menu bar maybe or left/right block - not yet decided.

Example:

http://www.inkclub.com/ - On left side next to cart you select "Exkl. moms" or "Inkl. moms"

http://www.nordicink.se/ - Top left you choose "Privat inkl. moms" or "Företag exkl. moms"

unfortunately by default there is no feature for that, you can only turn on / off taxes by configuring customer groups.

moreover i don't know any module for that.

What about default configuration of groups? It is what you expect? or not?

• 5 weeks later...

I would like to have the option that the prce is excl. tax in the produkts and then the tax is incuded in the shopping cart. is that possible? i have had this problem for a few years and now i really want a solution of this.

Regards Rogge

sweden

yes it is possible, you can set up store settings (customer group settings) and display prices without tax for unlogged users, and for logged - with tax.

Another way: localizaiton > taxes, you've got there option to:

xAy7wwD.png

Vekia, I'm not sure if either of those really solve the problem. For the first suggestion, the distinction required is between trade and retail customers, not whether they're logged in (I assume you mean registered?) or not. For the second suggestion, tax must be enabled as it will need to be charged in the cart, but if you enable tax, product prices will always be displayed tax inclusive.

Ideally, you should have an additional configuration item in the back office to enable displayed prices to default either to tax inclusive or tax exclusive (depending on your main target market), but also have the possibility for the customer to switch easily between the two (as indicated by @editorstefan).

That default, unless altered by the customer, should then determine how the product prices (and other cart elements e.g. shipping) are displayed in the cart. Again, this is about the display, not whether tax is applicable.

The tax line in the cart would then be labelled 'Taxes' if the cart elements are displayed tax exclusive; and 'Taxes (included in above)' if the cart elements are displayed tax inclusive. The tax amount calculated would be the same, and would depend only on the other configuration settings, and clearly the total must be the true amount that the customer must pay.

There could be other options, such as displaying both exclusive and inclusive prices, and variations that allow for ways of showing shopping cart prices and taxes in different countries.

I've noticed a number of posts in different forums asking about this, and personally I feel it's one of the few areas where Prestashop is a little weak. Version 1.6 maybe?!? :)

• 5 years later...

Now that things have moved on a bit in Prestashop, I wondered whether there was now a solution for this - I too would like to have a button on the shop, at the top (for example) which customers could use to select between seeing prices with and without VAT. We do a lot of exports and trade sales, so showing UK VAT is not applicable to a large proportion of our customer base, however it can be confusing and put off domestic buyers.

Hopefully a module has been created to address this!

Thanks