Handling charge

I'd be open to a coding change to force it to happen, the store that I have only has one product. Bottom line, we want to add a $1.75 handling fee to all orders regardless of quantity and I can't get it to work using the areas where I can input that value.

All suggestions welcome.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having this issue in 1.5.6 and it remains even after clearing the cookies.

Shipping>Shipping>Handling Charge as no effect on the cart.

The only way that works for me is to add handling charge directly into the FedEx module but this method may not work with other shipping modules.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem:

I set the handling charge to $2 which I would like to be added on globaly, no matter what product is ordered.

The issue is it does not show anywhere in the cart summary breakdown. The only way to add it is if you select "Yes" under the include in shipping price for the specific carrier options. Is this a bug?

The reason I want it to be shown separately is we have a set price list per carrier and what it would do is just add $2 to each carrier price which is misleading. I just want it added separately in the cart price summary.

Any help will be appreciated!

Hi, this is not a bug but the way it works now. For overall purposes, having multiple charges (shipping, handling, tax, product) is too much for a good customer experience. That is why the Handling Charge is automatically added to the shipping carrier cost when selected. 

There is no default way to have the shipping and handling charge be separated without coding it in.

Per my experience it does not work at all or at least I have not been able to set it up, it would not get included anywhere on the invoice.

I would not want it to show on the invoice however but be included in the shipping cost. I only use FedEx and handling cost can be added into the FedEx module, that works fine for me but I can see being an issue for those not using FedEx.

• Like 1

Per my experience it does not work at all or at least I have not been able to set it up, it would not get included anywhere on the invoice.

I would not want it to show on the invoice however but be included in the shipping cost. I only use FedEx and handling cost can be added into the FedEx module, that works fine for me but I can see being an issue for those not using FedEx.

The actual Shipping Modules will not take the handling charge into account, it can be set up within the module. the handling charge will be added to your shipping charge if you manually create a carrier in Shipping/Carrier

That is true, but the price is only as "jacked" as the shipping cost is. In that way, the final price is is the same. 

A good mix would be to have flat rate shipping and Free Shipping for orders over ie: $100 dollars. I also know that works as well. 

The main intention is to lessen the thinking the potential buyer has to do... Put Item in Cart then.... ohhh Shipping charge.. pause to think. 

Free shipping after say $100 has a bug because it calculates on the invoice total and includes taxes.

If you have $99 worth of product and $6 of taxes, the order is $104 and it gives free shipping but should not

I am having the same problem/similar problem to you.  I'm using the FedEx and UPS modules depending on the product.  However, at the cart, they automatically assuming it's free shipping when I am not even offering that.  I don't know how to remove the free shipping when I disabled it already under the shipping tab.  Per product, I set what carriers to use but in the shopping cart it lists ALL of the carriers available even the ones that my suppliers don't use.  

not sure about that, it's not really the same issue. In my case free shipping works as well as paid shipping for orders under $100.

The bug is that it calculate free shipping based on the invoice total cost including tax and not based on the product cost (less voucher) only.