stock

Hi, How I can do to make Prestashop load stock information from an external application? The stock system can export every hour one asci file. How can I tell Prestashop to update and modify the quantities of products automatically loading this file? Thank you!

if you're familiar with php - you can write a module for prestashop and run it with cron job for every hour.

1) download asci file with stock qunatity (and product id)

2) run sql query to update stock quantity based on product id

if you're familiar with php - you can write a module for prestashop and run it with cron job for every hour.

1) download asci file with stock qunatity (and product id)

2) run sql query to update stock quantity based on product id

Thanks for the answer! I am not familiar with PHP. Do you know if there is any module that can do this, or any tutorial? Thanks!

it's not as easy as it seems, because everything depends on file format that you've got from external application.

you need also possibility to set up cron jobs on your webhosting service. In this case i don't know any tutorial which shows how to create it. I can give you some tips how to create module like this.

but in my opinion - if you aren't familiar with programming - it's better to hire someone.

give us more information about what you exactly expect, what prestashop version you use and how the ASCI file looks like. Then i will move this thread to the paid / job offers section

I'm using 1.5.4.0

The file is not an issue. I can ask for any file I want. And it can be ASCI, CSV, or many others.

I just need to change the stock according to the system they use. Teh can export the data in any way I ask.

Thanks!

Edited by ssir (see edit history)

the most important things are:

1. csv file must contain id_product field
  2. products in your store must have the same id_product as in the csv file
  3. quantity field

additional quesiton:

have you got quantities to combinations etc. ?