[PROBLEM] with setting a specific carrier for a product

Hello all

I have a major annoying problem in my PS 1.5.4.1. Generally shipping has no problem. However, if I go to admin->product->shipping and just select one carrier (I have 3) and save. In the fornt end, the customer will always see all three carriers.

The strange thing is that regardless of which one of the three the customer chooses, when you get to step 4 of the checkout, the system will only allow and show the correct carrier, so the problem is only at cart page.

This is clearly misleading for the customer. I have set, unset, cleared cache, forced recompile, etc.. with no joy.

Any help will be GREATLLY and DESPERATELY appreciated. :(:ph34r:

Regards

Nima

Edited by Teddy's Dad (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi Valeria

Yes. I did. The solution was as silly as the problem itself. The reason the shipping wouldn't show up was because of the way it was setup.

When you setup a new carrier you specify the zones it can deliver to (like UK, Europe, etc)... I had setup my own zone called "UK Mainland", but there was no city in it. I had to make sure the zone I selected has at least one city and one county (state) in it. then it started showing up.

I hope this helps.

Nima