USPS Connect "There are no carriers that deliver to the address you selected." & "Free Shipping!"

Hello friends. I am stuck on this particular issue I'm having with the Connect to USPS module, which supposedly connects directly to USPS and calculates shipping based on weight.

I've completed the registration with USPS and confirmed the API connects to the production server post-592352-0-36839700-1371409447_thumb.jpg, I have selected delivery services and other settings based on the configuration instructions found within the module.

Now, the module has added a separate carrier for each different class of mail under the shipping section. This is where you would normally enter the shipping fees but I do not know whether I am to leave these null or enter in prices. The naive young entrepreneur in me says I shouldn't have to enter pricing if it's supposedly getting pricing from USPS via this module. Anyway, it doesn't work if I enter prices or not at this point so I'm not sure how important that is. The Price and Weight ranges are also populated by the module so I left everything as set by default. In the product settings I verified my test item has a weight entered.

During testing the shopping cart reports "Free Shipping!", whether logged in or not. And when proceeding through checkout reports "There are no carriers that deliver to the address". post-592352-0-30421400-1371411451_thumb.jpg Again, this is whether logged in or not. My test account uses an actual shipping address, so that can't be it.

I can provide more details, screenshots, etc., any help troubleshooting this module would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Can you check a few things:

Shipping->carrier:

Edit your carrier, and check if the 'zone' of the address' country is in is selected. For example if the address has a country 'France', is zone 'Europe' selected? If not, this carrier cannot send to the address.

Do you use advanced stock management? If so, check ifirst f you really need it, as it is much more complex to use. Do you have different stock ware houses where you keep your products? Do you send directly from these ware houses to the customer? If not, turn off advanced stock management and save yourself unnecessary headache)

But if you need it, check if the ware house has at least one (or more/all) carriers selected that it can use to send your products from here.

My 2 cents,

pascal

PascalVG,

Thank you for your 2 cents. It didn't solve my problem, but it may help others. Your fast response was nice to see. I found a work around to fix my problem, but since it isn't the same as the original post, I will post the solution in a different post.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Pascal,

Sorry I didn't see your reply till Ikonwraps liked it and I got a email saying so. Unfortunately I am unable to post my work around. My memory is very short term it seems. But on the next problem, I'll try to post the solution as soon as I find it.

Robert