Sidebar and CSS page

Hello,

I'm having a few issues as a newbie to prestashop. My client had originally wanted a wordpress site with a few products to sell. After weeks of mockups and choosing a theme, she decide on prestashop. Okay fine.

She doesn't want to pay for a nice theme, told me to choose anything, now wants a sidebar, text, the works. She is only selling 5 products max. I had explained that I had no exposure to this type of site set up but she said "I believe in you" meaning I was likely charging too little - actually am close to reaching the estimate maximum which I just emailed her about.

Well, now she wants a sidebar with current events and news, a wider slideshow/page. text on the front page... I have no idea.

My questions: Why is the home text editor not staying within the site width specifications like everything else? Where is the CSS sheet so I can change the width? Where is the code for the slider so I can change that too? Why does the sidebar not show up? These are all free themes/modules. Did she make a mistake in coming to an e-commerce site so large when she only sells 3 to 6 products, no more than 10? It feels like prestashop is uncustomizable and the layout of the admin panel is confusing. Why are there so few free essential widgets/modules?

The site: wiseword.us

Thanks for all your help!

your theme css file is located here: /themes/blackhawk1.2/css/global.css - you can define there own css code for GLOBAL css styles.

i've noticed that you haven't got content in the: /themes/blackhawk1.2/css/grid_prestashop.css - this is most important file for global css layout.

to edit styles of the editorial module, just open module folder (modules/blockeditorial) the same for other modules like slider - ( modules/homeslider )

you should read basics about theme development: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Theme+development+fundamentals

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been away from this project but now the client is back, sadly, and I need to get back on it. I still don't see where the css sheets are. I'm used to simply going to an editor (on wordpress) or if it's a fully coded site, to dreamweaver. On wordpress, I just edit, click update and go. Where is the prestashop editor? The links provided above (and on other tutorials) don't really help? I feel like such an idiot and like the answer is staring at me in the face. I explained this to the client and asked her to find someone more knowledgable but she refused...

Is there a menu item I go to within the admin panel?

• 1 month later...