Error upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2.1

Hi, i upgrade from version 1.1 to 1.2.1 and i get this error:

Table 'mytables_store.ps_pack' doesn't exist

I use Mozilla, i notice that when im on the last screen of the installer, i hit Next and nothing happen, so i do it again in IE 8.0 and i get this error in the last page of the installer

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; Media Center PC 5.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 06:55:03 UTC

Line: 751
Char: 4
Code: 0
URI: http://www.mysite.com/SuperStore/install/controller.js

Possible solution from my same experience. The table ‘mytables_store.ps_pack’ does exist but was named ‘PREFIX.ps_pack’ . I renamed the table to 'MyDatabaseName.ps_pack' using MYSQL admin which solved the issue. Next problem was images not displaying when using friendly URLs. Rename old .htaccess file to something else, create new blank one with 777 permissions and then use the admin tools tab and 'generator' to create the correct rewrite rules (these instructions are on the generator page).

hope this helps

Well seems im having the same problem

Waited 3 Hours on the install no nothing, so clicked refresh then next again and well said it was installed.

Going to the frontpage of the new site at mysite.com/prestashop I get Table 'ps_.presta_pack' doesn't exist

SELECT COUNT(*) as items FROM presta_pack where id_product_pack = 102

I search the database for the string and finds nothing.

So looks like its not upgrading the sql database correctly.

I have orginal prestashop at www.mysite.com/ I copyed all contents to prestaOLD, and uploaded a new prestashop version to /prestashop/ I changed all file/folder premissions in /prestashop/ I then made a new database NOT prefex..

So I have prefex_ at database1_ and then prefex_ at database2_ I have upgraded the setting_inc.php in both prestaOLD and prestshop/ and well it just does nothing. Im having alot of SSL problems and everytime I ask for a temporary fix I get pointed in the direction of upgrading well im trying. Anyway so help on this matter would be nice.. Thank You

You can run this SQL command ( finded in the INSTALL directory & not upgrade )

CREATE TABLE `ps_pack` (
 `id_product_pack` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
 `id_product_item` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
 `quantity` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 1,
 PRIMARY KEY  (`id_product_pack`,`id_product_item`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

replace "ps_" with your prefix if changed.
it fix this problem, but i don't know if still others.

Yep of course.

i've corrected many issues @ my place,
& it seems overt updates have been done in SQL.

BUT it stays MANY maNY MANY errors otherwise, as the "users group" is disapeared, & all the products & categories are not available anymore. We need to add new groups, but the option to it have deasapear also.

Well my shop is pretty new we have had only around 30 orders, but we have somewhere near 150 products thats very time consuming to readd so im hopeing I'l be able just to transfer the products.

I hope there isnt any difference in tables ;/ this is already taking to much of my time

I ran the updater with the Firebug console activated and got the following error when trying to proceed from step 3:

uncaught exception: [Exception... "Could not convert JavaScript argument arg 0" nsresult: "0x80570009 (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS)" location: "JS frame :: http://domain.com/shop/js/jquery/jquery-1.2.6.pack.js :: anonymous :: line 11" data: no]

Didn't get much wiser though.

I posted this bug in the bugtracker, but it seems like it's already known and fixed. That's what Matthieu says in the comments.
He also says the Firebug error message isn't a prestashop error.
http://www.prestashop.com/bug_tracker/view/2710/

Where is the fix???

Is not just a Firebug error, i try in IE8.0, happen the same and the debug throw this error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; Media Center PC 5.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:31:05 UTC

URI: http://www.mysite.com/store_new/install/controller.js

I posted this bug in the bugtracker, but it seems like it's already known and fixed. That's what Matthieu says in the comments.
He also says the Firebug error message isn't a prestashop error.
http://www.prestashop.com/bug_tracker/view/2710/

Where is the fix???

Is not just a Firebug error, i try in IE8.0, happen the same and the debug throw this error:

Webpage error details

Timestamp: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:31:05 UTC

URI: http://www.mysite.com/store_new/install/controller.js

Well, I guess the fix will be included in the next release, but I hope the developers can share the solution with us without having to wait for the next release.

I didn't mean it was a Firebug error, but maybe it's a jquery error.

Anyway, come on! Give us a fix!

Even if there were a minor version that only fixed this upgrading issue, it would be better than waiting a few weeks or however long until the next full version. Looking at this forum, there appear to be a lot of people who are having this same problem.

I've got exactly the same problem. I try to fixed creating ps_pack table myself. It seems that now front page runs well, but now I try to access to back page and it doesn't log me in. I was realy happy with Prestashop, but upgrade from older versios seems to be always a nightmare! I've got problems with my theme when I upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1, and now this. I hope somebody from dev or support team has notice of this issue and fixed as soon as possible.

(Sorry for my english, I'm spanish and I don't use to practice it too much ^__^' )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...