Site redesign (hopefully) finished

You have all been very helpful with the questions I have had getting all this put together.

I've had my presta store for a couple of years now, been using the default theme mostly because I had to have a shop live and had no idea how I wanted it to look.

Now finally I am happy to say I found a theme, figured out exactly what I wanted from it and have spent the past week, with the help of you lovely forum people, tinkering until it was ready to roll.

I've had an industry friend look at it for errors on that side of things, I've had a friend that buys from me run things through and so far other than a few minor snags (I have been told I need a couple more CMS pages for some things and extra details on a couple of products.) But I wondered if someone here would be so kind as to have a poke through things and look at it from the tech perspective?

A male opinion wouldn't go a miss if there is one on offer, I don't get that many men on the site.

Running Prestashop 1.4.7.0 and the black and white theme from 2link

http://www.scarlet-impressions.co.uk

Thanks in advance xx

nice :) The most important thing, i think, is fact that your website works really fast!

Just click - and i've got what i want. Awesome! What is your hosting provider? Where it is located?

i've got also another one question: what kind of slider you use?

So pleased it's nice and fast, I'm never sure what the load is really like because we are in the sticks our broadband isn't the best.

My [spam-filter]s a web developer, he handles my hosting so it's here in the UK.

The slider is from 2link too it's this one http://dgcraft.free.fr/blog/index.php/free-modules-prestashop/akila-home-slideshow/

So pleased it's nice and fast, I'm never sure what the load is really like because we are in the sticks our broadband isn't the best.

My [spam-filter]s a web developer, he handles my hosting so it's here in the UK.

The slider is from 2link too it's this one http://dgcraft.free....home-slideshow/

Nice and clean and fast :) My suggestion is to try to eliminate the short description below featured products in order the buttons of same line products to be in the same height ;) this looks more professional.. Implement some chat module and fill in some white gaps in the footer (eg use social icons and not words) ;)

I would want to keep the descriptions but I will try and get them to be the same length.

Chat modules aren't much use to me, they would require me to spend certain periods of time at the computer, I only ever come in for 10 mins at a time when I am not in the studio.

Icons will look them up.

Hi there,

Gorgeous site with great product images. I love the detailed zoom for your products, especially since many of them are smaller in size and it could be difficult to convey good detail online. Great job!

I think it's also excellent that you support multiple currencies.

My only comment is about the amount of text and the size. The body text seems like a small version of Arial. Is there any way you can make the font one or two sizes bigger. Also, in the product category pages, there's a lot of descriptive text. It might be easier to read and understand the takeaway info by using bulleted lists, etc.

Other than that, I think your site is excellent! Hope this helps.

- Priscilla @ Lexity

Thanks Priscilla,

The product text is something on my list already (I am guilty of some copy and paste, to fill things up and now I need to sort it properly) Will certainly look at increasing the font size, i've done some manually on the CMS pages. or maybe I will switch it to verdana. (Try both see what works best)

I'm setting the [spam-filter] on a few tasks this week, I installed a blog the other day and it still looks a little bolted in so getting him to have a play so while he's there I'll see what he can do about the other bits.

For now though I am going to do what I do best, and make some more beads :)

• Like 1

For blog only Joomla, nothing else.. It has the best features, easier to customize it, more extensions.. For me the only negative is that it's not officially prestashop supported like Wordpress.. But I am trying to implement it with magic...

e-shop: www.mallofmylopotamos.co.uk

blog: www.mallofmylopotamos.co.uk/site (i don't use rewriting here because they are in the same root folder so with rewriting it shows always as 404 :/ so I think about moving it in a new domain)

Both of them are still quite messy because I don't have unlimited access to internet (just 5 GB/month)

***EDIT: This period of time, because of limited net, I read an ebook about SEO and when I finish it, I will have net so I will be able to edit css, tpl and other files and combine my images in one sprite reducing this way the http requests.. trying to maximize my speed, and my google ranking because even if you have the best prices.. if it's slow and in the 300th page of search YOU ARE GOING STRAIGHT TO "DEATH"

Edited by Μάγος Μέρλιν (see edit history)

• 1 month later...