Bilingual site. What is the procedure?

Hello.

I am trying to build a multilingual site with Prestashop but I cannot seem to find the correct way.

I have installed the Greek language from within the backend. But my translations don't seem to work correctly.

For example, in the backend, when I am saving a category's description it doesn't show up at all.

And I haven't found a way to translate my top menu nor my left side categories module to display only the menus in the corresponding language.

I have seen that some Prestashop sites add the prefix of the language (e.g. /en/ or /fr/) in the address bar and my site is displaying id_lang=1 or id_lang=2.

See what mess I have done here : http://www.dreamade.h-d-s.gr/presta/index.php

In english both greek and eglish articles show up.

I have also questions about the header but I will go slowly and ask later.

Any help would be appreciated.

it's probably because, your greek translation isn't full... you have to translate it manually under the localization > translations tab in BO

Thank you for the reply.

I tried to complete the translation but I get an error that admin123/index.php is not writable.

I went through cPanel, gave full permission CHMOD 777 to make the changes but now the server itself crashed!

Wow!

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /presta/admin123/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

This is the message i receive when i try to save the remaining translations.

And in the error log in the admin directory i found these:

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /*******/********/public_html/dreamade/presta/classes/controller/AdminController.php on line 1134

array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /*******/********/public_html/dreamade/presta/classes/controller/AdminController.php on line 1137

Please help!

error] [client 91.140.31.160] (12)Cannot allocate memory: couldn't create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp

it mean: not enough ram memory

how much RAM memory you've got available on your hosting plan?

On my cPanel it indicates: 1,048,576 KB

This happens when i try to change the files' permissions. Why does Prestashop takes up so much memory when I am trying to change the permissions? Is it normal?

Hello vekia, thank you for following up my thread with my problems.

My hoster is webhostingpad, my categories are 6 and my products are only 10... I was just starting to add content when i realized that there was a problem with the translations.

My site is up again, i tried to save the missing translations again but I get the same error as above (Forbidden:

You don't have permission to access /presta/admin123/index.php on this server.)

What do you advise? Maybe you want to PM you the login details to my test site to see for yourself?

Ok vekia. You were right. I deleted the Prestashop installation that I made with Softaculous and I re-installed the normal way.

Everything seems to be working OK now. I have some more questions though but I will gather them first and ask you late.

Thank you for your help! I will post back should I have any other matters considering the translations.

hello

sorry for late reply, now im online.

yes, definitely, softaculous is a bad idea. it doesn't work well. I've noticed that many users have got problems with presta after using softaculous. It's better to install it manually.

hello

sorry for late reply, now im online.

yes, definitely, softaculous is a bad idea. it doesn't work well. I've noticed that many users have got problems with presta after using softaculous. It's better to install it manually.

Ok vekia,

Thank you for your valuable help. I will keep that in mind for my future installations.