Catalog pricing rule not working?

Hello ,

I'm having trouble getting a discount in for 1 of my categories.

The discount i want to apply is that if somebody buys 2 products from the same category they get a 20% discount, but it doesn't show up anywhere!

Here is my Configuration

R7wd5ga.png

PJu42hb.png

Here is a picture of the cart:

fczILFh.png

Im running Prestashop version: 1.5.0.17 on PHP 5.3.8

I'm having the Same problem Donnie. After exhausting the Cart Rules I've tried Catalog Pricing instead but this also does not work... I'm using 1.5.3 though..

Any ideas anyone?

Ok i somehow got Cart Rules to work :S.

Be sure to choose the actual (sub)category the actual products are in.

Catalog prices do not seem to work what so ever though.

If you want to have an automatic discount of 20% if you purchase two(2) products in the same category

1)Price Rules>Cart Rules>Enter name(Leave Code field blank)

2) Conditions>(check product selection, green + sign)>

3) The Cart must contain at least (2) products matching the follow rules

4) Add a rule concerning>(Categories)>(click open book icon 'Choose')

5) Choose desired category>Select "Add">(Click black x)

6) Go to actions and apply discount of 20%

Now, save it. If you go to your front office and you add any two products from the specified category, you will see the discount in the cart block.

• Like 1

If you want to have an automatic discount of 20% if you purchase two(2) products in the same category

1)Price Rules>Cart Rules>Enter name(Leave Code field blank)

2) Conditions>(check product selection, green + sign)>

3) The Cart must contain at least (2) products matching the follow rules

4) Add a rule concerning>(Categories)>(click open book icon 'Choose')

5) Choose desired category>Select "Add">(Click black x)

6) Go to actions and apply discount of 20%

Now, save it. If you go to your front office and you add any two products from the specified category, you will see the discount in the cart block.

I have tried the same, products are showing "On Special" but discount isn't being displayed on the product page nor in checkout?

All fixed. Basically what I'm doing is a 2 CDs for £5 offer (for anyone that hasn't read previous posts).

I have set up my discount as before, £2.98 off of the total order when you purchase 2 of the items in the discount offer.

BUT - select a SUB-Category instead of a category in the conditions... Prestashop 1.5.3 doesn't seem to like applying ANY other rules.

Categories, attributes, and product selections DO NOT work properly... I have found the only way to do it was to select a sub-category otherwise the discount will apply in the cart for the customer regardless of the products that are in the cart.

Hi mkweb09, I'm happy you solved your issue. The other conditions also work if configured correctly.

If you are applying it to a subcategory then you would follow my previous post and instead of category, select the subcategory.

If you select a category, it would apply to all products within all the subcategories. It can be a little confusing but it all works.

I have tried the same, products are showing "On Special" but discount isn't being displayed on the product page nor in checkout?

The On Special symbol is unrelated to the cart rules. Let me know what you are trying to do and I can help. Thanks!

Hi Benjamin,

If I go into a product and create a special on a say product less 10%, then the product displays price specials as per the below:

• Price & Discounted Price

The "Catalog Price Rules" functions the same way but on a mass scale which enable you to discount more than 1 x product at a time. I can't seem to get this to work, I have tried variations of different categories and conditions. If you could be so kind to let me know what I am doing wrong, this would be a great help. If this does work, are product displayed with the "Price & Discount Price"?

This is how I can tried to create a "Catalog Price Rule"

Name: Example (Beats by Dr. Dre)

Currency: All currencies

Group: All groups

From quantity: 1

Price: leave base price (Checked)

To: 2013-06-30 00:00:00

Reduction type: Percentage

Reduction: 10.00

Conditions Group 1

Type: Manufacturer

Value: Beats by dr. dre

This should work right?

• 7 months later...

Just found same issue - looking for solutions?

A single product within a category applied discount at required number. Using another product from *same* category did NOT apply the rule.

In my case...

Category A:Product A > 5 - rule applies

Category A:Product B > 5 - rule applies

Product A >= 5 AND Product B < 5 gives discount ONLY on Product A.

Product A < 5 AND Product B < 5 gives NO discount.

Product A < 5 AND Product B >= 5 gives discount ONLY on Product B.

As you'd expect from above and is the only way it works properly....

Product A >= 5 AND Product B >= 5 gives discount on Product A and Product B. Yippee  :)

• 3 months later...

Hi ,

Please Help me , I am nipun Dutt , Is my 1st post.

My Manufacturer Catalog Search is not Working Properly .

Is link :- http://www.babehause.com/en/46-baby-carrier#/

The Problem:
The Manufacturer category is not functioning properly.

Is link :- http://www.babehause.com/en/46-baby-carrier#/

Example: Manduca only have 2 products in that page. When clicked on Manduca manufacturer, it still shows every product.