[solved] Search bar problem

Hi all,

Have recently set up my new shop using Prestashop and am quickly falling in love with it!

One hitch which is now driving me crazy though...when not logged in to the site the search bar decides to sit in the wrong place on the page. When logged in it sits where it should in the top centre of the page.

I've got a feeling this glitch has just happened since moving the shop from www.stroudvaping.co.uk/shop (where I had it for development purposes) to www.stroudvaping.co.uk (now it's live).

Below is a screenshot of the search bar location when logged out and logged in.

Huge thanks in advance for any help on this - it's driving me mad!

Luke - Stroud Vaping.

ss1.jpgss2.jpg

sorry for late reply, i havent received notification that you replied here.

turn on mobile version in the preferences > themes settings.

then in the modules/blocksearch/blocksearch-top.tpl try with this:

{if !isset($hook_mobile)}

instead the

{if isset($hook_mobile)}

it's only for test purposes, but it might work well. let me know when you append changes.

• 4 months later...

Hi I'm having this issue as well, when i'm logged in and when i'm not. I've tried adding an '!' before isset but nothing changed. Do you have any other ideas on how to resolve this conflict? Thanks in advance.

Running PS Version 1.5.6.0

Ad

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having this same problem after testing my site from a mobile phone via wireless, the same network as my desktop.  it's clearly an issue with the hook_mobile returning the wrong value.  This is with the free leo_converse theme. Interestingly, if I actually USE the search, it goes to the correct place temporarily until I navigate to a different page. this is with prestashop 1.5.6.0

Hi, I'm having this same problem after testing my site from a mobile phone via wireless, the same network as my desktop.  it's clearly an issue with the hook_mobile returning the wrong value.  This is with the free leo_converse theme. Interestingly, if I actually USE the search, it goes to the correct place temporarily until I navigate to a different page. this is with prestashop 1.5.6.0

can you share url, i will inspect sources of your shop

http://innolasers.com/shop

The search bar moves location after logging in to the same account I had logged in with the phone, and it's only in the wrong location in non-https pages.

another oddity.. the site looks slightly different (different CSS) when viewed with https and not, and for example, mousing over the cart in the upper right behaves differently - there is no cart summary that appears without https, unless you just added something to the cart.

Edited by drlava (see edit history)

Hi,

seems like i'm having the same problem... I activated mobile theme to work on it but the search bar is very erratic.

Tried the hack above but no luck. I've tried to modify the hook code in php file but nothing worked as well.

There's a trick there but i can't seem to be able to find it...

PS version 1.5.5

site : www.e-cig-shopping.com

Edited by OBDA (see edit history)

The problem arose when I created an account, used the account via my mobile with responsive enabled, and then used the same account with my regular computer. 

What solved it was forcing ssl for the entire site.  It's not an optimal solution, but it gets around the bug temporarilty till it can be resolved.

so what doesn't work well there?

Well, after some tries, it got back to original state (the one shown in the picture)... I've finally made no changes to anything... weird.

Anyway, i've found out why the mobile theme was not working properly as well. So now everything is quite fine.

In PS 1.5.5.0, CCC activated for JS and mobile theme are not really best friends ^^. I had to add manually each script in the mobile theme header.tpl and now mobile theme is ok on mobile devices.

As I understood, the searchbar in mobile theme should validate without need for a button, but one apears so i guess that the code 

{if isset($hook_mobile)}
is not working properly in some ways... Edited by OBDA (see edit history)

• 6 years later...

Hello Vekia,

i would like to ask an information that maybe it's easy for you and Hard for me.

I just now recognize that with  advanced  Search Bar and Default search bar , both are not visible on mobile

While the search bar (that i do not like) of theme (it's not classic) search bar it's Visible even for mobile (name of search bar is tpnt search)

can you kindly instruct me where i can edit in order to show Search Bar even on Mobile with default Module ,  shop is www.cuscinettitop.com

Thanks

Regards

Maurice