What am I missing?

Hey everyone,

New to Prestashop and trying to setup a site. I understand the basics of the different hooks and transplanting modules but (and I am sure this is fairly simple!) the bit that has me stumped is, say I want 2 adverts on my right column, I have found the advert block but you can only have one?

Installed a HTML block but again you can only have one of those..

I also want to add my own hooks as I think this is what I need to do to change the layout of the homepage? I want a slideshow with a column of ads on the right and then a full width content area below basically.

Got the slideshow and column sorted but then I need another hook below that to insert some more content and make it full width...

I think?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

unfortunately it isn't possible to use one module in the same hook several times.

it mean that one module = one instance in the hook.

you can use other modules to add as many html boxes as you want. This is the only way to achieve this.

second case

it is necessary to modify the theme template files (.tpl)

Thanks for the replies!

I was looking at some of the showcase examples on Prestashop.com and the have created new hooks like Footer box 1 and 2 etc etc.

Guess I just need to work out the adding hooks part.

I keep finding conflicting information though.. is there a guide I could use?

Thanks again.

Yea I kinda realised that shortly after posting.

So, if you dont mind. Could you explain really briefly how you would go about creating a homepage with lots of different blocks for adverts?

Would you create your own module and custom hooks?

Prestashop isnt very beginner friendly lol.

the problem is that for one module you can use only one instance for hook. It mean that one module = one instance in the hook.

you can of course use different hooks, but as i said - one module can be used only one time in hook. hope you understand me :P

if you want to use many blocks with different positions in one hook - you need as many "html box" modules as the number for the blocks you want to create

Yea I understand, thanks for that.

Realised I was being stupid. i can use one html block to display multiple ads.

But still, is there a HTML module available that you can use multiple times in DIFFERENT hooks.

Even if you have to pay for it?

Surely you don't have to use loads of different ones if you want a few over the whole site?