error in "Set up URL's" mod_rewrite not active on server

Hi,

I am using Hostgator for hosting.

When i turn on "Friendly URL" i get the following error:

URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server or it is not possible to check your server configuration. If you want to use Friendly URLs you must activate this mod.

I called Hostgator and they said it was active and it is a problem in the prestashop.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Rich

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I am using Hostgator for hosting.

When i turn on "Friendly URL" i get the following error:

URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server or it is not possible to check your server configuration. If you want to use Friendly URLs you must activate this mod.

I called Hostgator and they said it was active and it is a problem in the prestashop.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Rich

I have the same problem. Also, if active friendly URL, an error that prevents access the pages occurs.

This message is only a warning if you are running cgi or fast-cgi module on server. CGI and FAST-CGI maskerades the mod-rewrite module, why Prestashop shows this wrong message.

Your frindly URL's are working ? Please check in front-office or send URL of your project to check. Mod_rewrite module is only for Apache, if your are running an Windows-Server you should rewrite the .htaccess to web.config to have frinedly URL's working.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This message is only a warning if you are running cgi or fast-cgi module on server. CGI and FAST-CGI maskerades the mod-rewrite module, why Prestashop shows this wrong message.

Your frindly URL's are working ? Please check in front-office or send URL of your project to check. Mod_rewrite module is only for Apache, if your are running an Windows-Server you should rewrite the .htaccess to web.config to have frinedly URL's working.

@selectshop.at please what do you mean by "rewrite the .htaccess to web.config". I have exactly this same issue. My host uses windows 2008 server how do i rewrite the .htaccess to web.config to solve this problem. Thank you for your help. Cheers!