PayPal Module configuration error?

Nick Lappage

Hi. I'm using Prestashop 3.4.5.1 and PayPal module 3.5.1

Website is http://vsoc.org.uk/vsoc_shop/vsoc_merchandise/

In the last couple of days I noticed that items have been placed in many shopping carts but no orders had been made. When I tried to place an order myself, I found that the PayPal links would not work.

I looked at the PayPal module and found the message at the bottom of the page that said:

Error !

You need to provide your PayPal API credentials in step 3 in order to accept payments.

I checked all the credentials and they were correct. Thinking that there maybe some kind of corruption may have happened, I uninstalled the PayPal module and then re-installed a fresh version of PayPal 3.5.1 from the Addons site.

The Payment module now seems to have lost its styling / layout (seen from the attached picture) and the API credentials still show the same failure.

post-541130-0-93878800-1370170739_thumb.jpg

The last order I can see that succeeded was on 29th May 2013 at 09:07:06 - there have been failed carts since 17:43 on the same day.

All help very gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Just another thing to notice is that I can make payments using PayPal on the same website and server but using a different method with Machform Payments - see this test form http://vsoc.org.uk/m...ew.php?id=16179

But I still can't even make PayPal buttons work on a different page where they used to at http://vsoc.org.uk/o...tore_badges.htm

PayPal buttons DO work on this test page on the same website and server. http://vsoc.org.uk/online_sales/test_page.htm

Edited by Nick Lappage (see edit history)

If anybody who may be reading this can help please? I can see by looking at the code on the PayPal moduile page that this CSS line is missing...

<link href="/vsoc_shop/vsoc_shop/../modules/paypal/css/paypal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />

I still cannot receive any payments as the module says that I have to enter the correct credentials. This is on two different PayPal accounts using Multistore - both of which worked until very recently. My hosting company have confirmed that it is not blocked by PayPal, which I have proven from other methods, so I must assume it is a Prestashop module problem. Assistance would be really useful please.

Hi Nick,

Did you try to force the compilation / clear your cache ?

Hi again, I've got a lot back now, but it's still not right. I had to uninstall the free PayPal module and then delete it. Then uploaded the free PayPal module from the addons site which got back the CSS. Configured the API in both multistore shops using the same API account and it works in one store (join) but not the other (merchandise).

Working store link is http://vsoc.org.uk/vsoc_shop/vsoc_join/

Non working store link is http://vsoc.org.uk/vsoc_shop/vsoc_merchandise/

Any ideas? I swear I've checked and compared everything on the various modules and store options and they seem the same.

Hey Nick, by any chance are there any server error logs? Have you turned on error reporting and dev mode. Maybe that can give you more information.

Hi Benjamin, I've checked the logs and there's no error reported for the shop. It's like there's no hyperlink information for the PayPal payment selection - just a dead button

Strange thing is that it only occurs in the Cart Payment Page. If I click on the PayPal express checkout button on the product page it goes straight through to PayPal okay.

Okay, thanks for the info. Could you supply a sample or test address that your carrier can ship to?

Hi Benjamin, I've just been going through some older topics that may be related and found this one (related to an old version of PS) http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-1343?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel#issue-tabs

Is it safe to delete items from this area on my server "public_html/vsoc_shop/cache/smarty/compile" to see if that makes a difference? I wouldn't delete index.php

The smarty cache is already empty and caching is disabled.

Regards,

Nick

Hi Benjamin, I've just been going through some older topics that may be related and found this one (related to an old version of PS) http://forge.prestas...anel#issue-tabs

Is it safe to delete items from this area on my server "public_html/vsoc_shop/cache/smarty/compile" to see if that makes a difference? I wouldn't delete index.php

The smarty cache is already empty and caching is disabled.

Regards,

Nick

Well, I've deleted the files (having tried the action on a dummy site elsewhere) and I had got the PayPal button working for a while - but it's stopped now. The PayPal part at the payment methods section of the page still just shows javascript:void(0).

Okay, thanks for the info. Could you supply a sample or test address that your carrier can ship to?

Hi Ben. Any news on this yet? Over a week now with no way forward. Do you need an admin account for the shop to look into it further?

Regards, Nick

Hi Ben. Any news on this yet? Over a week now with no way forward. Do you need an admin account for the shop to look into it further?

Regards, Nick

Ah - some new information - I've just changed the shop to a 5 Page Checkout and PayPal works. It still fails when I revert back to OPC.

Ah - some new information - I've just changed the shop to a 5 Page Checkout and PayPal works. It still fails when I revert back to OPC.

And the PayPal Express button is not functioning. Also got an API error code

A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report:

PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2013-06-12T10:02:15Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10472

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> CancelURL is invalid.

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

So it's still not right on some things...

I was able to get all the way to the PayPal log in screen. At which point I received "We're sorry, PayPal doesn't allow residents of United States to ship purchases to United Kingdom."

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your efforts. It looks like I'll have to just stick with the 5 Page Checkout on the one store and still use the 1 Page Checkout for the other. Let's see what happens when a new free PayPal module comes along some time in the future as I'm sure it will...

At least I've managed to get rid of the dead PayPal button that appears on about page 2 or 3 of the checkout process by disabling the PayPal module's express checkout option. I'm also not allowing guest checkouts - that should stop any further confusion with non operational widgets.

Edited by Nick Lappage (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

I am suffering the same way, saw lots of carts and went through to check and have noticed Paypal is not working tried to uninstall reset etc, says all is ok then at bottom of the page it says

Congratulation !

You can now start accepting payments with PayPal.

Error !

You need to provide your PayPal API credentials in step 3 in order to accept payments.

Have tried several times to check the credentials but am certain they are right.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem and I have PS 1.5.5 and Paypal module 3.5.8, I setup the credentials...

But Paypal is not working: Error! You need to provide your PayPal API credentials in step 3 in order to accept payments.

Any one knows how to fix this?

Thanks

See my reply #18 earlier.

De-activate the module and the styling in the PayPal admin re-appears. Configure Paypal, save and then activate the module again. The styling will fail again and you'll see the error message that is normally hidden. Ignore it. It's configured properly.

It doesn't seem like anyone in the Prestashop team has picked up this bug yet.

See my reply #18 earlier.

De-activate the module and the styling in the PayPal admin re-appears. Configure Paypal, save and then activate the module again. The styling will fail again and you'll see the error message that is normally hidden. Ignore it. It's configured properly.

It doesn't seem like anyone in the Prestashop team has picked up this bug yet.

Hi, thank you for the report. I will see what the issue is and how we can fix it for future versions. 

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same Error as the others. I have updated from 3.5.8 to 3.6 and now to 3.6.1 the error remains.

I have a clone of the site running on a MAMP server which doesn't seem to suffer the same problems despite using the same theme and module configurations.

Paypal is to be the only payment gateway used on this site. Even after activating the module using the deactivate - setup - activate method suggested by aegisdesign, Paypal doesn't appear in the checkout as a payment option.

I do not like Prestashop anymore, it's a real pain to setup and work with since version 1.5.

EDIT: I solved my error. Presumably during the 1-click-upgrade Paypal unhooked itself from all hooks. I have transplanted it to the relivent hooks and all errors seem to have been resolved

Edited by NeilD (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

Hello all, the module has been updated to 3.6. You can download it here, http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html

Let me know if it works for you. Thank you!

Hi Ben,

This still doesn't work for me. The Paypal module css and js aren't in the header for any store that has PayPal configured and enabled. Disable it for that store and the css/js come back and you can then configure PayPal. Enable it again and the css/js go again.

Each time we add a new store to our multi-store install we go through this config shuffle. Now we know this quirk, it's manageable but it's going to catch out others.

Im really really tired of this problem as well.

Does anyone know how to fix it?Need paypal to work for my multistore. Button doesnt clcik, and Im getting the as well.

Being trying all kind of things for 1.5 months now, and no progress what so ever. I do see though that the look of paypal module in backend changes when both my multistores has it enabled. Then the error disappears, but button is still not working.

Does Prestashop have a solution for this yet? Tried the newest Paypal module and pretty much everything else. So frustrating as zero customers get through.

Thanks!

:)

Hi Ben,

This still doesn't work for me. The Paypal module css and js aren't in the header for any store that has PayPal configured and enabled. Disable it for that store and the css/js come back and you can then configure PayPal. Enable it again and the css/js go again.

Each time we add a new store to our multi-store install we go through this config shuffle. Now we know this quirk, it's manageable but it's going to catch out others.

Im really really tired of this problem as well.

Does anyone know how to fix it?Need paypal to work for my multistore. Button doesnt clcik, and Im getting the as well.

Being trying all kind of things for 1.5 months now, and no progress what so ever. I do see though that the look of paypal module in backend changes when both my multistores has it enabled. Then the error disappears, but button is still not working.

Does Prestashop have a solution for this yet? Tried the newest Paypal module and pretty much everything else. So frustrating as zero customers get through.

Thanks!

:)

Hey guys, if you have updated to the latest PayPal module and are still experiencing this problem. PM me your detailed issue along with any screenshots. Also include your FTP details along with BackOffice credentials and URL's. I'll take a look into the problem with our team and help you guys out. Cheers,