Test my website :)

mmowmf

Good morning Laura,

Well, it's the default theme, perhaps it might be nice if you added a little bit of colour on the background to match your logo.

Welcome to the Cosmetic Witch etc etc, the text is a little small making it difficult to read, for me anyway.

My pet hate - the PayPal Logo - just does not suite any site.

I think I would have more information in the footer, at the moment it's pointless being there.

Have you thought about making the site 2 columns ( great tutorial here ) then put your categories in a Top Navigation Bar and your information block in the footer.

You do not seem to have any social links, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr etc, it's really a must do.

I wish you well with your site

Paul

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for your feedback, and will certainly consider these.

One thing about having the categories, I've just enabled the Top Horizontal Menu module, but after putting my categories in, it seemed to be more right aligned than left aligned, so it doesn't go across the page fully.

Below is what I mean:

2v2y35v.jpg

Do you know how to align it to the left?

Thanks,

Thanks Paul, thats been a great help. I've also taken some of your comments on board and made some changes.

I'm looking at doing more changes later.

Thanks for the advice :)

BTW: Anyone else, feel free to comment on it.

I tried to add the body butter to my basket and it did not work. I am using Safari.

Also, I would suggest possibly trying to create better quality images as they produce a more professional appearance. Some of your images stretch and it does not look as good as it could.

Edited by Mamfa (see edit history)

i tested your website on chrome, everythig works fine.

but.. it loos like default prestashop theme :(

Many thanks for this. Unfortunately, the themes are far too expensive when no one has yet bought anything. If I get some orders and make some money, I may think about it.

I tried to add the body butter to my basket and it did not work. I am using Safari.

Also, I would suggest possibly trying to create better quality images as they produce a more professional appearance. Some of your images stretch and it does not look as good as it could.

Thanks for this. The images on the slider are a bit squashed, but I'm having problems with that, because the image settings on the slider don't make a difference to the picture size itself, so I think I would need to take the pictures and then resize them all to a specific size before uploading for the slider.

Edited by mmowmf (see edit history)

Many thanks for this. Unfortunately, the themes are far too expensive when no one has yet bought anything. If I get some orders and make some money, I may think about it.

Thanks for this. The images on the slider are a bit squashed, but I'm having problems with that, because the image settings on the slider don't make a difference to the picture size itself, so I think I would need to take the pictures and then resize them all to a specific size before uploading for the slider.

You can get free templates designed by others that add a little more style to your shop. I found one that gave me rounded edges and allowed me to change the line colours to match my logo so there was continuity through out the site. That helps with your branding too. The site reflects your brand. So i used the same design and colour palette style to match my blog as well. Creating an online brand with your sites and also social media matching will provide a better impression and make them remember your brand, product and site.

I am still messing around with products, categories, shipping rules etc on my site but feel free to take a look. I only have a few products as I am getting them manufactured and starting small. My site is aimed at selling stamping products to crafters who make their own cards and my hand made products as gifts.

The links below will show you the continuity of using a colour and theme throughout although very basic in principal and easy to execute.

My shop is http://mamfamakes.com

My blog is http://liveandlove.typepad.com

My Facebook is http://facebook.com/mamfamakes

My twitter is http://twitter.com/mamfamakes

If you want to leave any feedback for my site (anyone) please feel free. I will eventually when finished add my own thread for people to view and test it for me. Right now, the shipping has gone bananas and multiple discount codes can work.

>>>>>

Yes it is best to set the image slider size and re-size your photos. What software do you have to edit photos? Simply lightening an image taken on a white background can make it look more professional which can be done in almost any basic software whether iphoto on mac or the Microsoft's version for viewing photos. Try raising the brightness and then the contrast just a bit. Also, photos taken in natural daylight not in direct sun normally have less noise and are a lot easier to use.

Hope this helps.