maximum product combinations / attributes

Hello,

I an new to Prestashop, but I like it very much so far. I have tried osCommerce and Zen Cart, but PS looks a lot better and so far works very good.

However, I have encountered a problem that I am not happy with. The fact that you can only add a limited number of attributes / combinations. If you add too much, the page will not work.

I offer notebook sin my store and my main sellingpoint is you can configure the notebooks on my site. So you can imagine, I need a number of attributes. Because of the issue, I already cut down on the number and put several less essential parts in a different section, as single products.

But I still need to be able to add the most essential parts:
Processor
Memory
Harddisk
windows
optical drive

All have under 10 different options. If I add 4 different options, everything works finr. But as soon as I add a fifth, I get a blank page in the front office, when I click on the item.

A small update: the error I get in the shop is: tb_PathToImage is not defined. I hope this may help to find a solution?

I have found many people on the forum who encountered the same issue, but I have not found a solution.

Today I was informed there is a new version available...could it be this issue is solved? If not, I think this is a pretty big issue. Seeing how well PS is designed and works, I really would think this problem would have been tackled already?

Although I have removed the item that gave the problem, you can see what I mean at my website: www.carryit.nl/shop

You can see my current shop at www.carryit.nl, but I hope to replace this one with PS quite soon...provided someone can help me with this problem :-)

Many thanks in advance!

Marcel

Sorry to bump up this post by myself....

While waiting for a reply to my problem, i continued to add products to my shop, as I would like to have it live as soon as possible and replace my current shop. Especially as I sell notebooks, changes happen quite fast.

But with every new notebook I add, I come across the fact I can only add a limited number of options. And given my main selling point, that you can configure your notebook while you order, this is a big problem for me.

I know all people involved are volunteers and I most certainly appreciate the hard work.

However, if I cannot solve this issue, then unfortunately I will have to go back to my current shop (Zen Cart), as there I do not have that problem.

But I would really love to have a cool Presta Shop up and running!

So if anyone can help me out, that would be HUGELY appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Marcel

Since no one is responding, I am forced to bump this subject up again.

I am really sad that nobody even responds to this problem. I have found other peolpe have this issue as well and they too do not get an answer.

Despite the fact I really like PrestaShop, I will abandon it, as I cannot add the attributes I need to be able to sell my products.

I sincerely hope the PrestaShop team will solve the issue with the attributes, so others can benefit from it.

Marcel

• 2 months later...

I feel your frustrations. This is the ONLY reason that I've had to go back to Zen Cart (which really pains me!) because of the product combination limitations on the database.
This really, really needs to be fixed. There must be someone out there with a solution........anyone have any ideas?

I moved from Zen Cart to Presta Shop and I was quite happy, until I came across this problem.
However, I did not go back to Zen cart, as I cannot go back to a crappy looking site. I moved on, to Magento. Just as Presta Shop they are relatively new, but Magento is just plain awesome.

Check my shop under construction: www.carryit.nl/shop.

Peace,
Marcel

p.s. I still hope, against my better judgement, that Presta Shop will solve the attributes issue...