[Solved] Product Pagination (Using a value other than global)

Hello all! I have a problem which is similar to this topic that was solved:

http://www.prestasho...ng-to-category/

Unfortunately, the code that was provided does not work with what I have, and I do not know what version that person used for the solution. I'm currently using 1.5.4.0.

If there are any existing solutions, or if anyone knows how to solve this, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

Edited by xuthiensun (see edit history)

This code piece is found in /classes/controller/FrontController.php (line 824 onward):

public function pagination($nbProducts = 10)
{
 if (!self::$initialized)
  $this->init();
 elseif (!$this->context)
  $this->context = Context::getContext();
 $nArray = (int)Configuration::get('PS_PRODUCTS_PER_PAGE') != 10 ? array((int)Configuration::get('PS_PRODUCTS_PER_PAGE'), 10, 20, 50) : array(10, 20, 50);
 // Clean duplicate values
 $nArray = array_unique($nArray);
 asort($nArray);
 $this->n = abs((int)(Tools::getValue('n', ((isset($this->context->cookie->nb_item_per_page) && $this->context->cookie->nb_item_per_page >= 10) ? $this->context->cookie->nb_item_per_page : (int)Configuration::get('PS_PRODUCTS_PER_PAGE')))));
 $this->p = abs((int)Tools::getValue('p', 1));

After this last line, you should add the solution given in the post you mentioned. Not sure if it works for you, but give it a try.

(N.B. the post uses a fixed category ID of '12'. This will probably need to be changed into the category you need to adjust yourself...)

Hope this helps,

pascal

• Like 1

Ah I've figured out the problem!

The line of code was using the variable "id_parent". I simply changed it to "id" and it works.

if($this->category->id==13){

$this->n = 10;

}

Replace the number to the appropriate category. Hope this will be useful to others!

Edited by xuthiensun (see edit history)