Need help with Shipping Setup. [solved]

If someone is feeling glad to help me please do so. My problem. Lost 120 man hour figuring out shipping but just cant make it. I have 2 cariers named Air and Land. My main problem is, this one, green item weights 312g. I succeded setup where prestashop calculates 312=5$, 312+312=10$ only for land. I dont like 312+312+312+312+312+312=30 but actual shipping costs are 22! i dont want "cheat" with shipping. However if i select both cariers with corect shipfees inserted presta shop doesnt add/substract ;-) etc... shipping calculator at check out point goes mad shoving skyrocketing shipping costs and im affraid customer is going to abandon basket before getting to end of checkout. I realy want prestashop calculats ever lile detail instead of me and customer gets transparent costs and important can choose lower(land) or higher(air) shipping costs.

I know presta is powrful No. cms i just cant figure out how to setup my complicated shiping.

Edited by papek (see edit history)

Hmm, not sure if I understand what really is your question. But normally when you set up shipping using the weight system, you just follow your carrier's table, NOT your own specific item weight (312 grams or so)

In general it will be something like this:

Step1) 0.001kg - 0.101kg 5$ (0.001 up until 100 grams or so, as example. (N.B. See that I go 1 gram FURTHER, as the upper value of a step is EXCLUDED!! so it goes from 0.001 UP UNTIL 0.100kg)

Step 2) 0.101 - 0.251 10$ (NOTE!! step 2 STARTS with same value as END value of step 1!)

Step 3) 0.251 - 0.501 13$

Step 4) 0.501 - 1.001 16$

Step 5) 1.001 - 2.001 20$

etc.

So it doesn't follow your 312 grams, but the real values from the table of your carrier. Normally carriers use rounded numbers like half kg, whole kg etc. (values above are just example of course. You need to check your carrier's table for correct values for you)

If you can't figure it out yet, can you give me the table of weight/prices of your carrier, so we can work out how to implement this in your shop?

Hope this helps,

pascal

• Like 1

Hmm, not sure if I understand what really is your question. But normally when you set up shipping using the weight system, you just follow your carrier's table, NOT your own specific item weight (312 grams or so)

In general it will be something like this:

Step1) 0.001kg - 0.101kg 5$ (0.001 up until 100 grams or so, as example. (N.B. See that I go 1 gram FURTHER, as the upper value of a step is EXCLUDED!! so it goes from 0.001 UP UNTIL 0.100kg)

Step 2) 0.101 - 0.251 10$ (NOTE!! step 2 STARTS with same value as END value of step 1!)

Step 3) 0.251 - 0.501 13$

Step 4) 0.501 - 1.001 16$

Step 5) 1.001 - 2.001 20$

etc.

So it doesn't follow your 312 grams, but the real values from the table of your carrier. Normally carriers use rounded numbers like half kg, whole kg etc. (values above are just example of course. You need to check your carrier's table for correct values for you)

If you can't figure it out yet, can you give me the table of weight/prices of your carrier, so we can work out how to implement this in your shop?

Hope this helps,

pascal

Yeeeeeeeesssssss!!!!! IN FACT IT DID HELPED ME A LOT. Hmmm, Certanly, absoultley, ofcourse. :D Owing a beer to You! (ice coffe only coz i did read ChiangMai, very comfortable "city", i had done my visa run at MaeSai) By the way do You have paypal.

Could not solve the problem alone coz presta had build in only one example, what demo shows 0-1000kg. Was so hard frustrating.

Now I have another problem which is more serious. Course did opened a tread named (Somebody, any experience with alliedwallet) and so far no one answering me but still is early i guess. Was wondering if You can offer help, I`m wilingful to pay for it or least recommend to me someone who is capable of giving little help. In a way of advice or...

Edited by papek (see edit history)

Lucky you!

Whenever I try to save the shipping table (update its' values) nothing gets saved. After I hit save, all the values become 0.000000 again (the funny thing is that I also get a message saying that "The settings have been updated successfully.")

I'm talking about (Fees by carrier, geographical zone and ranges)

Lucky you!

Whenever I try to save the shipping table (update its' values) nothing gets saved. After I hit save, all the values become 0.000000 again (the funny thing is that I also get a message saying that "The settings have been updated successfully.")

I'm talking about (Fees by carrier, geographical zone and ranges)

Make sure you are hitting the grey save button in the field that you are working on, not the green save button at the top of the page. If you have so many ranges that they go off the screen to the right, you may have to scroll to the right to see the save button.