Pictures in Products

I want the products to have the loupe effect but I don't want the thumbnails Pictures to open a lightbox as a gallery. How can I remove the option to open the picts? I already remove the button but if you click on any of the thumbnails, it will open.

I want the user to be able to select the picture in the thumbnails and that picture to be set as the bigger one but not to open a lightbox.

Thanks

so, you want to open pictures in the new page or what?

I want the user to be able to select the picture in the thumbnails and that picture to be set as the bigger

what you mean by that, where you want to enlarge the picture?

what prestashop version you use? you use default theme?

In the product page, there is a big picture and some others as thumnails under the main pict. When you pass your mouse over a thumbnail, the main pict changes. That is perfect. Whan you pass your mouse over the main picture, besides it there appears a square showing a close up of that pict. That is perfect.

But... When I click on a thumbnail, a lightbox opens with a pictures gallery. And I want to set that feature off. I want to set off the option of Clicking the Thumbnails.

Version of prestashop is 1.5.4

Thanks!

Edited by ssir (see edit history)

unfortunately thickbox & fancybox by default is based on <a href=""> param, so it isn't possible to easily turn this feature off.

When you remove the <a href=""> from the product.tpl code, both thickbox and fancybox will not work.

of course solution exist, but it need modifications, i suppose - a lot of modifications