Grouping attributes/features for filtering?

Hi,

I'm looking for an existing functionality within PS 1.5.4.1. or an add-on/module to group product attributes and features into larger groups for filtering customer's search results.

For example, my individual product come in a variety of shades of purple: lilac, aubergine, magenta, prune, but while I need this individual colours to be diplayed under each product in the colour picker, I need a generic PURPLE to come up for the purposes of filtering the search results. It should be possible to tag/group one colour into several groups, e.g., magenta could be grouped into PURPLE or PINK.

I need the same function for sizes and denier.

Thank you in advance for your help and replies!

You can do this via the layered navigation. Every Feature and all Attributes are available to use as a filter within the Layered Navigation Block.

Find the Layered Navigation Block, install/enable it, then select configure. You can then create layered navigation filter templates which you can then apply to specific levels of your navigational structure of your website.

Edit: BTW the Layered Navigation Block is a standard module which comes as part of PrestaShop and can be installed/configured from within the back office

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)