[solved] VAT not showing in cart

PDJ

I am a VAT registered manufacturer/retailer in England, trying to set up my site with English GBP prices as default, and dollars in USA as an option.

I am trying to enter my prices and have added the UK VAT standard rate as a new tax rule.

The price shows up on my product price page just as I want to see it - so that if I enter £180 as the price inc. tax the pre-tax box automatically shows £150 - which is correct.

However when I go to View My Shop the price displayed by the goods and in the cart is £150 - not £180.

The only way I can get £180 to show is to enter that as the retail price, and say there is no tax.

I would be quite happy to sell like this and then work out what the correct tax element would have been and pay up to the appropriate authorities. I would always enclose an invoice with the tax showing when I dispatched the goods, anyway.

A. Would I be in breach of any regulations if I did it this way?

B. Can anyone tell me how to make the price including VAT visible and the default price seen?

Ideally I want to offer my goods at a default RRP across various currencies.

In the event that tax is lower in one place I can use the profit differential to cover extra shipping costs. I do not want people in a country that is zero rated to be able to see the pre-tax price.

• 10 months later...

ah I searched for this whole 12 hours .... 

simple right?!

Also I was searching 2-3  hours just how  to change the name of the shop,

still Presta shops logic and file import has no competition on the whole WWW !!!!

thnx presta team!

• 2 months later...