How do I add more color options to my products for customers to see?

You can add attributes before you add products or you can add them after.

For clothing you may need Size attribute as well as color attribute.

You can go to

Catalog > Attributes and Values

Click on Add New Attributes

Fill out the info,

Name: you can call it anything you want. For example you may created several different color attributes because different styles have completely different colors. Or some dresses may come in a print and you want to use swatches (images) rather than HTML color codes.

The name is just for you, it doesn't show publicly.

Public Name: this is the name that will show on your page. For a color selection the name is usually "Color:. But again, you may call it what you wish.

I have no idea what the URL and meta title are used for. I can't find any info on those two items.

Indexable: The default is on but I personally do not recommend this. It will contribute to much duplicate content. I set mine to off.

Attribute type: In this case we are making a color attribute, so the choice is easy, please choose Color.

Click the save Button

That was step one.

------

Next will be to add items to the color attribute you just created.

If you also need Size attributes for your product you make that attribute and add your sizes. Just remember that you are creating 2 separate attributes. The size will be a drop down box, and the color will be a Color type.

After that, you then go to a product you have added and choose Combinations, and I recommend clicking the Product combinations generator button.

Play with this information and see how far you get. Let me know if you have any questions.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...