Help please - Displaying categories

HI all, I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction... I want to display the categories so that they display in a list the same as the categories do - im assuming this is fairly simple??

where you want to display categories like this?

Sorry I have just reread my original post - it quite clearly doesnt make sense!!

What I meant to say was-

I have purchased a theme to use but when you view multiple categories (Subcategories) i do not like thew way it functions, however I really like it when you click on a category full of products and the way it displays, is there any way to format the way the Subcategories are listed so that they look the same as the products do?

Hopefully this makes a little more sense?

in this case you should edit the category.tpl file located in your theme directory. As you said - you use non-default theme so it's really hard to say what you have to edit.

all what you have to do is to edit the category.tpl files + css styles for category listing

Thanks for your help! Really appreciate it!

This is my code at present -

{include file="$tpl_dir./breadcrumb.tpl"} {include file="$tpl_dir./errors.tpl"} {if isset($category)} {if $category->id AND $category->active} {strip} {$category->name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'} {if isset($categoryNameComplement)} {$categoryNameComplement|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'} {/if} {include file="$tpl_dir./category-count.tpl"} {/strip}

{if $scenes} {include file="$tpl_dir./scenes.tpl" scenes=$scenes} {* {else} {if $category->id_image}

{/if} *} {/if} {if $category->description} {if strlen($category->description) > 500} {$category->description|truncate:500} {l s='More'}

{$category->description}

{else} {$category->description}

{/if} {/if} {if isset($subcategories)} {l s='Subcategories'}

{foreach from=$subcategories item=subcategory} {if $subcategory.id_image} {else} {/if} {$subcategory.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'|truncate:120:'...'}

{/foreach}

{/if} {if $products} {include file="$tpl_dir./product-sort.tpl"} {include file="$tpl_dir./product-list.tpl" products=$products} {include file="$tpl_dir./product-compare.tpl"} {include file="$tpl_dir./pagination.tpl"} {elseif !isset($subcategories)} {l s='Unfortunately no fixtures or packages are available at present, please check back later.'}

{/if} {elseif $category->id} {l s='This category is currently unavailable.'}

{/if} {/if}

But I cant work out why the categories are displaying as Icons on top of eachother; I want it to be displayed as a list?