[solved] tpl files are not compiled

Hi all, I'm running 1.5.4.1 and i have a problem with tpl files.

I have the cache disabled and template cache setted to force compilation.

I have installed the module for clearing cache and also deleted all files in /cache/smarty/compile and /cache/smarty/cache and inside my theme cache folder

I don't have any caching systems ( like varnish etc ) in background.

Hovewer if i edit any tpl file, no changes are visible in the front end. Of course my browser cache is empty.

At the moment i'm on localhost with xampp enabled.

What should i do? Thanks for all

I know that this may be dumb question, but... are you sure that you editing correct theme .tpl files?

Moreover, if you editing module .tpl files you should chceck themes/your_theme/modules/your_module/ directory for this file. if this file exists there - you should apply changes there

You are right: the theme has the module folder inside. ( yes i am a dumb sorry ^^" but i am new to ps :) )

By the way i have another question about my module tpl file:

this is my install code

return parent::install() &&
 $this->registerHook( 'top' ) &&
 $this->registerHook( 'header' );

and this is my function for the tpl file

public function hookTop( $params ){
 return $this->display( __FILE__ , 'blockinfo.tpl' );
}

Am i wrong in something?

This is my module structure

42b6029b2eb3c7c2e8b43ea331e840f7.png

and inside the tpl, there is just a string : "THIS IS A TEST". I added the " / " sign, but in the front end the string isn't displayed :(

I found on the guide for module developing this text:

hookDisplayLeftColumn(): will hook code into the left column – in our case, it will fetch the MYMODULE_NAME module setting and display the module's template file, mymodule.tpl, which must be located in the /views/templates/hook/ folder.

So i did this in the first time, but it didn't work. Then i tried to put the tpl file into the root of the module folder and still no results :(

At the moment the file is located in the module root.

Edited by Isb (see edit history)

Ok now there is another problem: when i'm going to install the module ( via upload form ), it triggers the error "module not found", and if i try to uninstall the module, it triggers a fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function uninstall() on a non-object in /home/wwwsite/isaytest.com/htdocs/stereomuch/controllers/admin/AdminModulesController.php on line 574

I'm using the same zip i sent to you.

• 2 months later...

Hi vekia,

I have created a different type of module for category, its working fine.

When here add a new category then not showing it.

and if this file update any small thing then showing it. and again add a new category then same problem vise-verse.

Please help me.

thanks

Amit

i think that your question is not related to the main case here, please create separate thread, im conviced that then it will be more visible to other developers and community memberts

thanks in advance

sorry to bother you but if we all will follow forum rules, then the whole community will be better place for everyone :)

here is a simple pic:

sE1JazE.png

just go to the correct forum section and press the blue button "start new topic"