[SOLVED] Client Registration not working with custom theme

Hi,

I've got an taks from a friend to complete the customization of a Prestashop site.

It uses a custom theme, and when it's sat on - the client registration don't work at all. It eve don't show an error message.

Could you give some advise?

Thamks!

Here is the temporary installation of the shop:

http://sov.equinox-d...k/src/index.php

And here is the login page:

http://sov.equinox-d...=authentication

P.S. I forgot to mention that the Registration works fine with the default theme.

Edited by kormisosh (see edit history)

I see one strange thing and that is that the Create account button is of type "button". Try to change that to type"submit":

probably in file:

/themes/<your theme folder>/authentication.tpl :

search for text:

"create-account_form"

A little below this, you see a line something like:

<input type="button" id="SubmitCreate" name="SubmitCreate" class="button_large button black" value="Create your account">

change the type into submit:

<input type="submit" id="SubmitCreate" name="SubmitCreate" class="button_large button black" value="Create your account">

save, reload page and try again.

Hope this helps,

pascal

I've changed the type of the button to 'submit', but with no effect.

I've compared 'authentication.tpl' in the custom theme folder to the same file in the default theme folder. In the default theme this button is type="button" as it was in the custom theme. But there it works.

Thank you for your reply, however.

As I said - I'm beginning to work on this project from now on, and unfortunately I've no clue what the previous developers has done :(

Yes, of course. Here it is:

<form action="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)}" method="post" id="create-account_form" class="std form">
 <fieldset>
  <h3>{l s='Create your account'}</h3>
  <div class="form_content clearfix">
   <h4>{l s='Enter your e-mail address to create an account'}.</h4>
   <div class="error" id="create_account_error" style="display:none"></div>
   <div class="field">
 <label for="email_create">{l s='E-mail address'}</label>
 <span><input type="text" id="email_create" name="email_create" value="{if isset($smarty.post.email_create)}{$smarty.post.email_create|stripslashes}{/if}" class="account_input input text" /></span>
   </div>
   <div class="buttons-group center">
 {if isset($back)}<input type="hidden" class="hidden" name="back" value="{$back|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" />{/if}
 <input type="submit" id="SubmitCreate" name="SubmitCreate" class="button_large button black" value="{l s='Create your account'}" />
 <input type="hidden" class="hidden" name="SubmitCreate" value="{l s='Create your account'}" />
   </div>
  </div>
 </fieldset>
</form>

Code looks OK, we have to search somewhere else, I think:

I tried to search in the buglist of Prestashop and found this one:

http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFV-5267

Here's what they said to someone with somewhat similar bug:

Hi Lars Jacobsson,

Thank you for your report.

You didn't update your theme. In 1.5.1.0 we have a debug in the file /themes/default/js/tools/statesManagement.js

Please update your theme or remove this line :

console.log($('select#id_state'+(suffix !== undefined ? '_'+suffix : '')+' option:not(:first-child)'));

If you don't have this line remove all cache and compile smarty in /cache/smarty

Best regards

Can you check if the file themes/<your theme folder>/js/tools/statesManagement.js exists, and if so, if it contains that console.log line?

Just trying... strange problem. Other 'solutions' I came across were the same as I suggested above: change type="button" to type="submit"...

We keep searching.... let me know the result.

pascal

Yes, one of the first things I've checked was if all the .js includes are present, and they all are.

Besides, if there was a missing .js file, there should be some error, shouldn't it?

In the 'statesManagement.js' of the custom theme there is no line, starting with 'console.log'.

There is a line, which looks like

$('select#id_state'+(suffix !== undefined ? '_'+suffix : '')+' option:not(:first-child)').remove();

But removing it didn't change anything.

I've changed back the type of the button to 'button' if you don't mind.

Next I've tried was to debug the submitFunction(), adding alerts between it's lines.

All of the alerts appeared correctly, except in one piece of the function. Here it is:

$('#noSlide').fadeOut('slow', function(){
$('#noSlide').html(jsonData.page);
// update the state (when this file is called from AJAX you still need to update the state)
bindStateInputAndUpdate();	
});

Between these lines no alert appears at all.

Yes, it is a strange problem... It seems like the AJAX do not work at all, but if I write down an invalid email address, it works. It even clears the error message for the wrong address, when I correct it, but do not show the form for registration...

I was helped earlier on this same problem, I believe it has to do with the fact that your main div is now .container.

Try changing line ~124 on authentication.tpl to this (we both use container as our main div).

// adding a div to display a transition

$('.container').html('<div id="noSlide">'+$('container').html()+'</div>');

I could be wrong but I think it either needs to be .container or .center-container for you. Try both.

Cheers!

roflmyeggo

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

roflmyeggo,

Thank you!

Just tried it and it worked with '.center-container'. Thanks again!

I don't know why the previous developers created their own classes and ids, instead of just changing the CSS of the existing ones.

But the World will be a totally different place if all of us are thinking in the same way :)

P.S. Sorry for my delayed reply!

HI Team,

I got stuck in last piece of my website and couldnt think of any solution.I will be really grateful if any one can help me on this.

1. I have created two shops desipotli.com and desipotli.in

2. I am using country level redirection to both my sites means depending on the country ip my relevant site will be open.for india .in and for rest of world .com. to achieve that I have created two index files index1 and index 2

index 1 contains

include("geoip.inc");

$gi = geoip_open('GeoIP.dat', GEOIP_MEMORY_CACHE);

$country = geoip_country_code_by_addr($gi, $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);

geoip_close($gi);

$my_countries = array('in');

if (in_array(strtolower($country), $my_countries)) {

header('Location: http://www.desipotli.in');

exit;

}

require(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');

Dispatcher::getInstance()->dispatch();

index 2 contains

include("geoip.inc");

$gi = geoip_open('GeoIP.dat', GEOIP_MEMORY_CACHE);

$country = geoip_country_code_by_addr($gi, $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);

geoip_close($gi);

$my_countries = array('in');

if (!in_array(strtolower($country), $my_countries)) {

header('Location: http://www.desipotli.com');

exit;

}

require(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');

Dispatcher::getInstance()->dispatch();

I have changed the following in .htaccess

made index to index1

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.desipotli.com$

RewriteRule ^.*$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}index.php [NC,L]

made index to index2

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.desipotli.in$

RewriteRule ^.*$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}index.php [NC,L]

3. now everthing is working fine but when i try to create a account it gives a error, unable to load the form and when I remove the redirection changes, codes starts working fine.

I really Really need your help on this, this is last piece of my website where I got stuck.

Regards

Ranjan

• 4 months later...

i also had the same problem with magari theme but it happend because i turned on development mode." define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);" which was define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false); as default. but when change it to default " define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false); everything works fine. i suggest you to try once.

You can find this code into defines.inc.php file in "config" folder.